“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Pietro a Cegliolo, 420, 52044 Cortona, Italy   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Cortona
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful authentic place full of charm with great rooms and a beautiful outdoor setting
The hotel is very close to the city of cortona with various bus and train facilities nearby to discover the region for those who do not want to rent a car
The hotel also offers a list of cool activities like wine tours, horseback riding etc
The food at night is quite good for a calm and quiet evening in the villa s garden but beware of mosquitoes in the summer time !
Overall great experience would definitely go back

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay at Relais Villa Baldelli. Ricardo was a fantastic host who recommended some fabulous restaurants and outings for us. Our suite was very nicely decorated with "authentic Tuscan villa" furnishings. The location was perfect to travel to many towns in southern Tuscany. I would certainly recommend this resort to my friends travelling to the Cortona area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the privilege of spending 3 weeks in romantic Italy this September and although we'd mapped out the primary places we wanted to visit, we did not, however, book our hotel rooms in advance because we wanted the luxury of being able to linger in certain cities if we wanted to. We relied heavily on the Frommer's guidebook we'd uploaded to our Kindle/ Ipad and upon its reviews of both Relais Villa Baldelli & Reidence Il Casale, we were thrilled to find that they had reservations available on such short notice. We booked a room at Residence Il Casale online for one night only. Upon arrival, we encountered Vittorro, the owner of both hotels, who although it was almost 9 pm and the reception desk had closed, ever so graciously welcomed us and led us to our lovely apartment, kindly helping us with our luggage. And it was quite lovely indeed. It was quaint, charming and exuded a genuine vibe of what Tuscany is all about.

Sadly, Residence Il Casale was booked up and the possibility of staying another night or two was null. However, to our delight, Vittorrro announced that he did in fact, have availabilty at his other hotel ( a five minute walk), Relais Villa Baldelli, yet insisted on driving us over with our luggage, (I think perhaps he felt sorry for my darling boyfriend because my suitcase was so heavy!) And WOW! As I had dreamed of relaxing in Tuscany and soaking in the culture, i was beyond thrilled to beb able to enjoy the beautiful suite he brought us to. It was truly a 'dream' come true. I could go on, and on, and on about our fairytale stay with Vittorro and his warm, friendly, hospitable staff.......... but, long story short: We cut our trip to Rome short by two days because we enjoyed our stay in Cortona so very much. We couldn't bare to leave! My boyfriend, Greg and I plan to revisit Vittorro, and all of our newfound friends (staff) next year on our honeymoon. We will in fact, be satying the entire time in lovely Cortona and most definately, at one of Vittorro's gorgeous, hotels. Either one will suit us just fine as they are equally awesome. We highly recommend these hotels, the in-house ristorante has amazing food, with each course cooked to perfection with pride, the grounds are indescribably beautiful, and once again, the staff make you feel like guests in their own homes rather than clients. Hands down, our stay in Cortona was the BEST part of our 21 days in romantic Italy. I give it 5 stars alll the way across the board! Ciao!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Togehter with my girlfriend and my little daughter we were warmly welcomed. Everything was done to make our stay pleasant and uncomplacated. The personnel is very very kind, and everything happend with a smile. Our room was enormous, and staying in this classy old and typical tuscan villa made us feel special. A memorable stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Villa Baldelli is exactly what we were looking for for our stay in Tuscany. The 400 year old villa is simply stunning. The owner spent three years to renovate it but they managed to maintain it's authenticity. We were stranded in Florence and Ricardo gave us train schedule and arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the train station at our arrival. We were looking to rent a car and they called around and negotiated a price for us. The villa is staffed with friendly and attentive people. They served us an antipasto at 11pm when we arrived and we ate in their beautiful garden with a bottle of wine from their estate. Breakfast is great, on a nice day having breakfast in their garden with one of the neighbours' cat walking around makes you feel like your are in a movie. So picture perfect! I am writing this sitting by their beautiful pool looking out to the hills where the old town of cortina sits. Villa Baldelli is what Tuscany is all about. Value is amazing, location is perfect. Cant recommend it enough if authenticity is what your are looking for!

• Stayed September 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful location. Ricardo, the owner and all the staff made us feel very special. The food was lovely, especially being served outside under the stars The pool was s great addition. I will certainly return

• Stayed August 2012
galveston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The highlight of the tuscan hotels in which I stayed. While a bit pricey for my pocket, it was worth it. She even helped to fix my laptop. Loved the garden and the vineyard.
I felt as if I were in a home. I practiced my italian with all the staff and they were most tolerant.
Vittorio gave each of us a bottle of wine. I drank one and am still saving the other

Room Tip: we had a cottage separate from the main house which looked out on Cortona.