“Exceptional little Hotel with the personal touch” 5 of 5 stars

You added Villa Marsili Hotel to your Saves list
Villa Marsili Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Cesare Battisti 13, 52044 Cortona, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 22 hotels in Cortona
“Exceptional little Hotel with the personal touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've just come back from a week's stay at the Hotel and can hand on heart say it was outstanding. The room I stayed in had incredible views over the valley and the heating kept us nice and toasty at night. The Jacuzzi bath was a nice surprise! The staff is what sets this apart from any other hotel I have stayed in. Their personal approach where nothing is a problem is exceptional. The food is a delight for even the most discerning of taste buds and they have a well stocked bar (although a nice single malt would be a good idea). They were fabulous with our three year old Daughter and even provided a babysitter when we wanted a night out on New Years Eve! There are no bad points at all but I would suggest that they mention the prices when a guest orders a drink or laundry as we weren't expecting some of those charges (five euros for a cup of tea). The 'complimentary laundry service' is chargeable but they do a fantastic job to be fair. Don't let these pointers put you off however as I am a well seasoned traveler who expects very high standards and this hotel did not disappoint. Book now as I will be returning with my Family again and again...

Room Tip: Room 15 was fabulous!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Hartfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Spectacular vistas! Impeccable service! A professional and friendly staff! Spacious and charming rooms! Delicious breakfasts and evening aperitiffs! Truly a "fairytale" experience! This hotel, located on the edge of the walled medieval city of Cortona, is a gem and so are the employees who work there! We will never forget the genuine hospitality, kindness and helpfulness of Julia, Luana and Joanna at the daytime front desk. In the evenings, and equally impressive at the front desk, we could always look forward to interesting, informative and multilingual conversations with Marina and Stefano (our favorites!) We also began every morning in the dining room with wonderful Iliana, our server, who always shared great tips and suggestions with us. They were ALL simply fantastic! Our five day stay at this exceptional hotel totally enhanced our 30th wedding anniversary celebration trip to Italy. We almost felt sad leaving and are so looking forward to a return trip to Villa Marsili!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Points about the location, beautiful views and surroundings have all been touched on so to expand that would be to merely echo that which was written. All were as previoulsy commented- great, brilliant and more

What I'd like to focus on is the staff and owner, in one word all outstanding. The ladies at the front desk Yoana, Iulia and Luann were so helpful it made our 5 night stay all the more enjoyable. If we needed ideas, driving tips, tips on where to park in Siena, restaraunts in Cortona, they were all there to assist and did so brilliantly. In one case we asked about seeing olive oil being processed and made. Yoana contacted one of the owners (Maria) and the next thing we knew we were being offered the opportunity to be taken to a small olive oil producer by Maria and given a one on one tour along with oil sampling. It was one of the highlights of the trip and proved to be highly educational with regards to understanding olive oil and how to truly get the most character from it. Our understanding is future tours will be offered for a small fee and strongly suggest you do it

By the time our stay was over we felt as if we had been provided a rare glimpse into the Italian life and thier hospitality, so much so my wife and I felt as if we now have extended family. In fact the door to our home will be open to them anytime they can come.

In closing I travel a lot and stay in hotels that while nice with all their perks can not and will never match the warmth and personalized attention we received while we stayed at the Villa Marsili. For me a traveler there is no money that can buy that and can only be found in people who genuinely care.

Thanks again to everyone at Villa Marsili, and rest assured- we'll be back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in October 2012. Hotel is well located at the edge of Cortona and allows you to walk everywhere. Parking on the street is free. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Breakfast is included in room and there is a free apperitivo every evening in the lobby. The staff can help you with anything. This is the place to be in Cortona.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had the best breakfast I think I've ever experienced in my world travels. The service was precise friendly and informative!
I can't say enough about the breakfast experience. There were 3 types of home-made yogurts and countless exceptional home-made jams and preserves. The variety of seeds, nuts, muesli and fresh / preserved fruits were amazing.
My travelling companion felt that the meats, cheeses and arugula plate was outstanding. There were 3 types of mozzarella at breakfast! The olive oils were delightful!
Service was delightful and friendly. I would stay here again just for that.
The rooms were fairly average and had no air-conditioning! Thankfully it was late in the season and weather was turning cool. Had to leave the windows open for circulation but that brought the problem of traffic noise, since this hotel is situated at the base of the town adjacent to the main road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I wish I could have stayed longer at this lovely hotel and spent more time with the delightful staff. I had a single room which was bright, spacious and had a great sized bathroom. All the furnishings were great quality and the bed was really comfy. I came back from a walk and the housekeeping staff had prepared my room for bedtime which was a nice surprise! Yoana on the front desk is incredibly kind and friendly. She took the time to really make sure I got the most out of my brief stay, advising me where is nice to eat and where sells good souvenirs. I was travelling alone but felt as though I had a friend there with me! Also special thanks to Marina on reception who very kindly gave me a lift to the station at the end of my stay. The breakfast is delicious - best croissants ever! - and there is a nice range or fresh fruit, pastries, meats, cereals and yoghurts. In the evening they set out lots of little snacks in the comfy lounge area and you just pay for your drink, which is very reasonably priced. This hotel definitely lives up to its four stars and I would go back in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed for one night in Cortona as part of an twelve day tour of Italy. The hotel is ideally situated in Cortona. The rooms are large and very clean with a king bed, sitting area and large bathroom. The view of the valley below is spectacular. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the town center. The staff is very welcoming and the buffet breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Marsili Hotel? Share your experiences!