“An amazing villa hotel near Cortona Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Cortona
San Francisco, California
“An amazing villa hotel near Cortona Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

David is an incredible host with impeccable style and excellent English. He happily arranged a memorable on-site cooking class with his chef, regional wine tours, and hosted elegant dinners in his beautiful wine cellar restaurant. His restored family villa property is equally incredible, from the romantic rooms to a great pool area. It's simply one of our favorite experiences in Italy Note, Pergo is minutes ouside Cortona, a very convenient to location.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I have been meaning to write this since I returned from Italy last July (2009), but life being crazy as it is, I'm just getting around to it. Which is terrible because David and his fabulous place deserve better! Relais La Corte Dei Papi is everything I wanted! Perfect location, beautiful place, great food, extremely romantic - and still the best to come: David is the nicest, most accommodating Owner one would wish for! I wish I could clone him! I played with the idea of going back this summer & bringing my daughter, but it will have to wait for another time. Part of me wants to see parts of Italy I missed last time, but I can't imagine visiting Italy and not spending a few days at Relais La Corte Dei Papi. Thank you David for wonderful Tuscany memories!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Wombourne, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

This is a gem of a hotel which never fails to give you complete satisfaction. We have stayed many times over the last few years and have to return to just to sample hospitality at its best.
The position just outside Cortona is perfect. From here you can see much of Tuscany and Umbria. Famous places like Cortona, Perugia, Montepulciano, Sienna, Assisi are all easily explored with a car. Florence is only a train ride away as well for a great day out. However if you just want to relax for the day, spend it around the beautiful pool surrounded by lovely gardens and flowers. The rooms are beautiful, all individually furnished to a very high standard with comfotable beds and nice bathrooms.
There are many places nearby to eat where you will get a variety of classic Italian food. However you need to eat in the hotel restaurant to get a real taste of fantastic Italian food, prepared and served to the highest standard with a very interesting and varied menu accompanied by some lovely wine from an extensive cellar.
You will be welcomed by David, who owns the hotel, and pampered for the whole of your stay. He and his Mother work tirelessly to make sure you enjoy your stay and hopefully return ,like many do.
We have spent many holidays in Italy and this is without any doubt the best hotel we have ever found.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

After a long flight and drive from Rome there is not better a place to call home for a holiday in Tuscany. David and his staff make every part of the day a special experience. It is a great place to call home after a day in Siena, Montepulciana or Spoleto..

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I had the privilege to stay at this charming hotel 2 years ago and knew I would one day return. After having a very rough year I made the decision to check out of life for 10 days and visit this magical place that brought me peace when my thoughts would wander back there. At first I was reluctant to travel alone, as was my husband to let me. The owners David and Gabriella assured me I would be safe so off I went. It was everything I remembered and more. I'm a freelance writer and knew my first book would be born here. I decided to center it around Corte dei Papi , it's gracious and charismatic owner David and my daily adventures. At the end of 10 days I had a memorable trip, a new Italian family, and the makings for a very entertaining comedic travel book. Thank you David and Gabriella for becoming my new Italian family and providing me a " Home Away From Away". If you are looking for a peaceful and beautiful oasis with outstanding service or a place to escape from reality you will find it here. I have already booked my trip back in May.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

My husband and I were honeymooning in Italy and this was our first place we stayed in Tuscany. David, the owner, is unbelievably accommodating and truly cares about his service, hotel, and guests. He recommended great restaurants and vineyards to visit. Only drawback for us was the style of the room...not our style but still totally lovely and clean! I can imagine in the summer this place is really incredible...the restaurant would be open and the pool would be, too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Can i click my heels three times and return to La Corte dei Papi ?
David and his Mother own, operate this stellar property.I don't often see such impeccable service with a smile.
Our room was perfect, the grounds dreamy,
Dinner was extraordinary. This is a class act destination with a capital "C".

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Relais La Corte dei Papi? Share your experiences!