A great change of pace after an active few days in Roma. The rooms in the main building are charming and couldn't feel more authentic. The grounds are beautiful and feel spacious after time in the cities. Davide is the ever-present owner and has obvious pride in the business as well as the restaurant. The target market certainly seems to be wealthier travellers wanting to pay more for a premium experience. The main building has a number of good rooms at different price points. There is a beautiful new building with huge rooms that are finished very well.
The hotel is on a plot of land between a farmer's field and a road a few minutes drive' east of the Cortona townsite on the hill. There is a super market and a bar three minutes' walk east of the hotel. After trying the hotel's restaurant you should venture into Cortona itself. I'd suggest parking at one of the lots just outside the wall and then walk up to the piazza. Fufluns pizzeria just off the piazza is a great choice if you want to have a simple meal at a great price.
- Also Known As:
- Relais La Corte Dei Papi Hotel Cortona
- Relais La Corte Dei Papi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in the Tuscan countryside, just few minutes from Cortona, La Corte dei Papi is an oasis of peace and quiet, ideal for those who like to enjoy traditional local atmosphere. All rooms are each unique in decor with handmade antique furnishings and fine crafted linens. Our restaurant offers guests traditional Tuscan dishes alongside with more modern and elaborate culinary combinations. To add to atmosphere, during summer, guests can dine outside, around the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Relais La Corte dei Papi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.