“Beautiful Place with Wonderful Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Cortona
Madison, Wisconsin
“Beautiful Place with Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

David is an outstanding host. He made us feel truly welcome in his 'home'. The pride he has in this beautiful homestead, which has been in his family for years, exuded as he gave us a tour of the various rooms. We had a fabulous meal in the restaurant. The food is 5 star all the way and David offered outstanding recommendations on wine.
We hope to go back and stay in the magnificent Honeymoon Suite!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

La Corte dei Papi was an absolutely amazing experience. My wife and I stayed there for four nights in September 2012 as part of lengthier Italy tour and we could not have been more impressed with the whole experience. First and foremost, the Owner/Manager David made you truly feel like an honored guest and that he was genuinely happy to do anything to make your stay perfect. My wife and I have both travelled extensively and this was defintely the best service we have ever experienced, anywhere! The restaurant is fantastic and fairly priced, the rooms (although fairly basic) are great and the outdoor pool and patio area are unbeatable. The property has been in David's family for over 100 years (sorry, can't remember the exact length) and the pride clearly shows. Cortona town is great, but we were glad we stayed outside of town - La Corte dei Papi is approximately five minutes drive up the hill to town. My wife and I had such a great exprience staying with David I felt obligated to give my first Tripadvisor review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

La Corte Dei Papi was beyond my expectations for a wonderful, fun filled vacation with my girl friends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The chefs Giuseppe & Carla were awesome and the food was fresh and delicious. David & his staff out did themselves in making us feel special and right at home. I would go back in a second. Lindy R., Chicago, IL

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Returned from this magnificent charming hotel a short time ago and brought back with me many good receipes and wonderful memories. I cooked for 3 mornings with Giuseppe & Carla to prepare our meal for that evening! What fun-didn't know I could be such a good cook. Our Tuscan room was quiet, meticulous, spacious and just perfect! David and his staff were over the top with hospitality and wanting everything perfect for us and catered to our every need, and then some. We met some wonderful people from all over the world and had such lovely visits with them throughout our stay. LaCorte dei Papi is a quiet and perfect place to relax, take a swim and walk the countryside - it is lovely. David provided a driver for us and we visited many charming small towns is the area and Florence and Rome, all of which were very close. His restaurant has exquisite food and many people in the neighboring hotel's would make a reservation there for a 5* meal. We heard many people say the next time they would like to stay here because of the warm hospitality and family like atmosphere. We plan to return when the new eight room villas are completed, you won't be disappointed in La Corte dei Papi!
Dottie B., Chicago,IL.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My very first review on Trip Advisor goes to the extraordinary Relias La Corte dei Papi. Some travel stories are worth repeating: We booked the Relais the day before we showed up on a travel site I had never heard of as it didn't show availability on any other site and we were hoping to stay there on one of our nights in Tuscany. Turns out that site didn't realize the hotel was closed for rennovations as the hotel is expanding (adding another 8 rooms) and took the reservation. Not knowing that, we showed up in our car late after driving all day and the owner David was there in a suit waiting to open the hotel just for us on our honeymoon (which he didn't know about). We showed up late so no telling how long he was waiting since he had no idea when were going to show. The kindness didn't stop there... he opened up the restaurant as well, just for us. I travel a lot all over and I've never seen a hotel go more out of their way to accomodate guests. And boy were we lucky, it is a beautiful property and the restaurant has great ambiance and food. This is the kind of hotel that makes a great break during a busy week traveling in Tuscany. My wife and I were recently married in Hawaii but this place made us wish we had considered Tuscany. Working with David would have been a dream in comparison to the wedding machine in Maui.

The room was large for a hotel anywhere in the world (we had a suite) with modern amenities, comfortable (though it still had Eurpoean firm beds like just about everywhere in Tuscany), the food met the very high Tuscan standard and the service was the best we experienced in Italy and we stayed in some wonderful 5 star Trip Advisor hotels throughout Tuscany on our 10 day trip. We can't wait to go back to the Relais which is normally the litmust test for a place worth booking. The hotel is about a 5 minute drive from Cortona which is neat town to watch the sunset from or enjoy morning coffee above in as it resides on a hill above the early morning fog. Don't miss the Etruscan museum in town.. artifacts going back to the 7th century BC.. we were museumed out but that was worth seeing.

Can't recommend this place highly enough. Thank you David for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My fiancee and business partner and wife visited David and Gabriella (mom) in late September 2012 and found his facility to be warm and inviting. David And his staff were gracious hosts and and took attention to detail in every way. I would recommend his hotel to the first time and repeat traveller to this region. I have read the other reviews and they reflect my experience....oh and the dining....magnifico!!!! Good luck David!

Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I spent three beautiful days at La Corte dei Papi. Everything written by other travelers about this hotel is true. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained, the rooms are spacious, clean and inviting, and the owner, David, is the most charming and gracious host. He really will go out of his way to make sure you feel at home. On very short notice, David was able to arrange a private tour of local wineries for us. Marianna, a very astute and friendly guide, gave us a wonderful tour. It was one of the highlights of our trip in Italy. I will also mention that this hotel home to one of the best restaurants in Tuscany. We had three meals and each one was a gastronomic feast. La Corte dei Papi also has cooking classes, which I as unaware of, but intend to take advantage of the next time I am in Cortona. If you are browsing and trying to find a hotel in Tuscany, look no further. La Corte dei Papi is a hidden gem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Relais La Corte dei Papi? Share your experiences!