La Corte dei Papi was an absolutely amazing experience. My wife and I stayed there for four nights in September 2012 as part of lengthier Italy tour and we could not have been more impressed with the whole experience. First and foremost, the Owner/Manager David made you truly feel like an honored guest and that he was genuinely happy to do anything to make your stay perfect. My wife and I have both travelled extensively and this was defintely the best service we have ever experienced, anywhere! The restaurant is fantastic and fairly priced, the rooms (although fairly basic) are great and the outdoor pool and patio area are unbeatable. The property has been in David's family for over 100 years (sorry, can't remember the exact length) and the pride clearly shows. Cortona town is great, but we were glad we stayed outside of town - La Corte dei Papi is approximately five minutes drive up the hill to town. My wife and I had such a great exprience staying with David I felt obligated to give my first Tripadvisor review.
- Also Known As:
- Relais La Corte Dei Papi Hotel Cortona
- Relais La Corte Dei Papi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in the Tuscan countryside, just few minutes from Cortona, La Corte dei Papi is an oasis of peace and quiet, ideal for those who like to enjoy traditional local atmosphere. All rooms are each unique in decor with handmade antique furnishings and fine crafted linens. Our restaurant offers guests traditional Tuscan dishes alongside with more modern and elaborate culinary combinations. To add to atmosphere, during summer, guests can dine outside, around the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Relais La Corte dei Papi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.