My wife, mother in law and I stayed at David's hotel for 3 days this year. We stayed upstairs in a great room, which was absolutely spotless. My mother in law stayed in the little garden cottage, also very nice. It was by far and away the best place we visited in Italy for 3 reasons:
1) The hotel is lovely - it's in excellent condition, great gardens even a nice 'Pool.
2) The food is Excellent!
3) David and his team really do work hard to look after you.
I have noticed a few mixed reviews about Cor dei Papi, and, honestly, I am disappointed at the whining!
It's not a cheap venue, no, but, you get what you pay for, in my opinion.
This is the best place we went to in Italy - I have travelled all over the world, and on this trip alone, we also visited Rome, Florence and Tuscany. 10/10 from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in the Tuscan countryside, just few minutes from Cortona, La Corte dei Papi is an oasis of peace and quiet, ideal for those who like to enjoy traditional local atmosphere. All rooms are each unique in decor with handmade antique furnishings and fine crafted linens. Our restaurant offers guests traditional Tuscan dishes alongside with more modern and elaborate culinary combinations. To add to atmosphere, during summer, guests can dine outside, around the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Relais La Corte dei Papi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais La Corte Dei Papi Hotel Cortona