“Cheers...in Italy!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Cheers...in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Such a friendly and inviting spot to stop for a snack, coffee or just a drink. You can sit outside and people watch while you enjoy a nibble from their delicious kitchen. Chocolate cake and a variety of homemade cookies are my favorite desserts. You can't go wrong when you stop in La Saletta morning, noon or night!

Visited September 2012

51% Recommend
Nelson, New Zealand
“A Bit of a Rush”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

On the positive side, the look of this restaurant is great inside. Modern, well decorated and looking smart, with clean toilets.

Sadly, the interior of the restaurant smelt like a smokers house, although no one was smoking during our visit.

When I was served my pasta main, my wife was expecting a large salad, but got a pasta dish too which she hadn't ordered. In the normal course of events we would have pointed this out but time was short for us so we just decided to suck it in and she ate her pasta, which by the way, was nice.

While we were both part way through our pasta dishes her next course came which was a large salad. Not a side salad but a full sized salad, which is what she ordered.

Then a full sized dish of roasted vegies arrived, when she had only ordered a side of vegies (to go with her salad).

And still while were we eating our pasta my next dish came which was a full sized salad.

So we ended up with 5 large plates at our table, making us feel a little rushed.

This was not a language issue. We conversed with the waitress successfully when we first ordered.

Nor were we there late in the afternoon. This was at 1 pm and there were plenty of locals before we arrived and after we left.

I don't want to sound like an unhappy tourist, nor do I post many negative reviews, but we wouldn't recommend this place nor would we return.

Our order mix ups were symptomatic of an attitude towards us I found a little unpleasant, but I have difficulty putting my finger on what it was. I don't expect us to be fawned over, but it was a cold wet, winters day and it wasn't like anyone was rushed off their feet. I would hope that we and our money would be welcome on days like this, but I didn't feel we were.

To finish as we started, on the positive side, the dishes were nice.

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a relaxed coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We wanted a coffee and croissant for breakfast on a cold, wet Monday morning and chose La Saletta simply because it was the closest cafe to the apartment we were staying in. What a good decision. The coffee was fine, the croissant was fine. What was really great was the relaxed atmosphere, the lovely classical music playing in the background and the feeling that they would happily let you sit there all day, drinking coffee and reading the free newspapers they provide.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Meet the locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were looking for a place for a light lunch and after viewing a few on offer chose Caffe La Saletta we were not disappointed. Service was relaxed you were not hassled into giving an order or to leave you table once finished. An overall enjoyable experience. Food was of good quality and moderately priced. Good atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food and coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Loved the wifi that this cafe offers with their great food, wine and coffee. I would definately recommend this cafe when your in Cortona.

• Visited September 2012