“Client is KING.!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 40 Cortona B&B and Inns
Watkinsville, Georgia
“Client is KING.!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

3 miles from the city ctr.Seven Resort, has 15 rooms & adding 30 more soon.A very good value for guests ,who have a car. You can do The Whole Tuscany thing, Assisi, Perugia, Montepultiano , Piensa, Castello de Lago with this as your base.The key is the Customer Centered Culture of the staff in this Place. You ask it .?? They will deliver. Directions, maps,dining tips...These folks ,want you to really have a good time.!!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor have a small fridge & a kitchenet, great for a night cap or a Full ..Mug of C...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed for a week in April 2012. Good easy parking with a quiet location on the edge of the countryside. Reception was great - very friendly, helpful and informative. Excellent sized comfortable room with a useful "kitchen wardrobe" and very clean. Being really niggly the TV could have been better and better positioned. Good breakfast served by a really nice waiter. No bar/restaurant (perhaps in summer when the pool opens?) so not able to get a coffee/drink apart from DIY in the room. Very well situated for Cortona and getting about generally - the train station to Florence and Arezzo is only 5 mins by car. Development of the resort is on hold so no building site problems. Overall good accommodation with very helpful staff at a good price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here for three nights while visiting Cortona, and I was happy with our accommodations. Evelyn, at the front desk, could not have been more pleasant or helpful when giving advice on train schedules, directions, places to eat, or any other question asked of her. The manager was quite helpful, too. The room was spacious, if not a bit sparse in decoration, and had a small kitchen. (If planning on using the kitchen to prepare meals, you may want to check kitchen supplies. We had some dishes and glasses, but no forks, knives or spoons whatsoever. As we weren't planning on cooking there, it really wasn't an issue). The breakfast, which was included in our room, was enough to hold us until lunch. Nothing special, but adequate. Wait staff was very good. The hotel is located a short drive from the ancient walled city of Cortona--maybe a 10 minute ride, which was very convenient. Also, only a short drive to the train station, grocery store and gas stations. All in all, a good value and good location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

The location of Seven Cortona was a bit difficult to find -- the GPS map was wrong, and when we found the signs, it was still hard to figure out where they were directing us. But that little trouble was completely worth it when we found the resort.

Our suite was on a front corner of the main building, well appointed, and with many large windows that opened to the beautiful weather of late September. Everything was included to make even a long-term stay very comfortable, including cooking implements and dishes. It was unfortunate that we were only staying for a single night.

We received exemplary service from the two gentlemen working there (one of which may have been the owner), including a wonderful restaurant recommendation and assistance with dinner reservations.

There was construction going on for an apparent significant expansion to the property. Had we intended to spend more time at the resort itself, the construction noise might have been a bit bothersome. I have a feeling that the very low price I paid for the suite may have reflected this construction, and I would expect to pay more on a future reservation. My only other complaint is regarding the included breakfast, which was a little disappointing, given our other Tuscan experiences.

Free wireless Internet was available (which we found rare during our trip), as well as a Skype phone in the lobby, free to use for international calling.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Usually the old adage, "you get what you pay for" is true, so my expectations of this hotel were not very high, as it was pretty cheap. But in this case, I feel I got so much more than what I paid for. I honestly could not find one thing to complain about. Well, OK, maybe the room was a little warm, but I was not there in the daytime and it cooled off well enough at night.

The location was absolutely perfect for me. I had rented a car and wanted to use the hotel as my base as I toured Tuscany. I drove up to Cortona every morning and then again in the evening, before and after whatever other part of tuscany I had visited.

My room was quite large with a queen sized bed (I even had three pillows!) and a big bathroom. i had a great view of Cortona up on the hill from my window (room #10).

The food in the restaurant was excellent and everyone I dealt with on the staff was very helpful. They printed maps and directions off of the internet for me. they even called Florence and got me reservations for the Ufizzi gallery. And the guy that served coffee at breakfast remembered that I drank two cappuccinos the first day, so I never had to ask for coffee again.

As others have stated, they are under construction right now, but again, who is going to hang out there during the day?

I am absolutely thrilled about this place and definitely plan to go back. I just hope they don't raise the prices post-construction...

Room Tip: Room 10 on the second floor (3rd floor by USA standards) had a great view of Cortona out the window.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Margarita Island, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Really nice etruscan old house very well located in the middle of tuscany.
Near by beatiful towns and great movies as Under Tuscany Sun locations.
Rooms are lovely decorated and the value for money is unbeattable.
We stayed in a suite and even when is an old house the bathroom and rooms are very comfortable. Views are stunning.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed two nights in June 2011. Positive things were the room(s) we had - a two room + kitchen family room with two bathrooms. Lots of space and very reasonable price. Otherwise the resort was somewhat strange imo. There was lot of groups coming from outside to the hotel restaurant - there was very fancy parties going on while we were chilling by the pool. There was also school groups coming on weekdays, so it got quite noisy and crowded. We only stayed for two days so it didn't really bother us, but a longer stay would not necessarily be too great in here. Also the construction site was not a pretty site, but that of course will go away as the extension will be ready. They could have informed this better though, as it was not the best of a surprise to see the crane right next to the pool area.

The service (especially a young woman at the reception) was very good at all times even the reception was unattended at nights.

Room Tip: Ask for the family room if you need 4 people to stay in the same room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Seven Resort? Share your experiences!