Every aspect of our week here was superb and in particular the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff - nothing was too much trouble. The setting was perfect even if the famous sunflowers had gone, but the views were still beautiful and it was very peaceful strolling round the grounds. The grounds have different areas so you could always find somewhere to sit in privacy if you didn't want company and the pool area was clean and well equipped - we did swim though the water by the end of September was quite cool! The rooms were spacious and tastefully furnished to a high degree and were kept immaculate throughout our stay. The food at breakfast was extremely fresh, especially the fruit, and the dinners were simply superb - not expensive with a comprehensive and keenly priced wine list. We didn't want to come home and will make every effort to return as soon as we can.
- Also Known As:
- Le Terre Dei Cavalieri Hotel Cortona
- Le Terre Dei Cavalieri Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our estate consists of a Farmhouse and a Leopoldina built in the 18th century during the extensive reclamation of the Valdichiana by the Grand Dukes of Tuscan. In times past they belonged to the Order of the Knights of St. Stephen and Malta. The Order used to protect the ancient Grand Ducal Farm of Creti and S. Caterina.The restoration of these buildings required some years of works during which the old “cocciopesto” plaster was restablished, walls with the natural stuccoed pigments were painted and where the structure of the fireplaces wee left unchanged, vaults of the old stable were empty and strengthened, columns which define the countryside were stuccoed.Today we can offer you this unique place to enjoy an intense and unrepeatable experience, making you feel part of an environment where things have remained unchanged and the past seems to be brought back to life everyday in its charm and character.You will be able to dine in a kitchen that used to accommodate over thirty people at a time, sleep in the bedroom converted from the old cattle shed where farmers used to spend sleepless nights watching over their cows delivering their calves, sleep in the “tracantone” bed, sleep in the bedroom located in the Loggia or in the bedroom converted from the old dove-tower, a shelter where doves were bred by farmers. Fireplaces will tell you and remind you of stories that were told gathering around them in the cold winter nights.Walls are decorated with paintings and pictures that will explain you old piece of life and tradition. The best images you will be able to behold will come, as if by magic, from the windows opening onto stunning natural settings such as the dark mountains hanging over Cortona, the sweet and seamless country-side and the noble profile of Cortona.Unique observation, scenes and tastes of true peasant life, a restful and relaxing effect, wealth of details interpreting the sense of place.Looking forward to having you here to discover many more things that words can not describe we would like to make a wish: that knocking on our door you may call beauty by its name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Le Terre dei Cavalieri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.