“Highlight of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #877 of 1,072 Activities in Tuscany
Type: Other
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Provider of culinary tours, cooking lessons, wine, cheese, walking and foodie related tours throughout Italy.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had heard that some reviews were removed from Ciao Laura, which is unfortunate. Definitely wanted to take the time to add our review.

My husband and I are foodies, I love to cook and we always love to eat well when we travel. We've traveled extensively through Italy, but this was our first time in the Amalfi Coast. Being there during shoulder season meant that the weather was up and down (this was November), so we decided to book a cooking class (I was excited, the hubby, not so much...at first). It was a last minute decision and Ciao Laura was so quick and responsive, getting us booked in less than a day's notice at Villa Ida in Sorrento.

The day was the highlight of our trip and definitely a favorite travel memory. We spent the day with the family at Villa Ida and while we were there, felt like we were with family. My husband doesn't cook (hence him not being too stoked about spending a full day doing it), but truly enjoyed the experience (the "Bravo, Ray!" encouragement as he did something well probably helped :)!) We spent some time in Charley's wine cellar and were even sent home with a bottle of his fantastic Merlot.

I've now recommended Ciao Laura to two friends who are visiting Italy and hope to be able to use her again during our travels.

Thanks to Ciao Laura for a wonderful day that we'll never forget...

Visited November 2012

Lindsay, Canada
“most amazing times in italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

i have done many food tours over the past 6 years with laura and have never been dissapointed, i have had great times in sorrento at villa adriana and doing tours of limoncello producers and olive groves all over the region, if travelling to italy at all be sure to contact laura she has something for everyone

Visited May 2012
Fargo, North Dakota
8 attraction reviews
“SO glad we did the Farm to Fork family class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband was not in favor of booking a cooking class for our family. I did it anyways, and he is a changed man! He, I and our four boys (17, 14, 12 and 9) had an amazing experience in the Farm to Fork class for families. Laura was wonderful to work with in terms of finding the right class and booking - she also arranged for a driver to pick us up and drop us off. Veronica - the chef we worked with - I don't even know where to begin! She was fantastic with the boys and they are still talking about it. Even my husband! Of our 10 days in Italy they rate this TOP of the list of things we did. They also want to buy a pasta machine - no more store-bought pasta for this crew. Do it. Don't think about it - just do it. You'll never forget this amazing experience! Thank you Laura with Ciao Laura for organizing this amazing experience. Thank you Veronica for igniting a passion for cooking in my boys!

Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“A day at Villa Ida in Sorrento”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was our good fortune to find Ciao Laura online as we were looking for a cooking class. I told her what we were looking for and she suggested a day at Villa Ida in Sorrento. We were available on the day they were celebrating what is called Vendemmia, the day to harvest the grapes. That day was the highlight of our trip!! We felt as though we were at the home of good friends. We picked grapes, drank "charley wine" , cooked, learned much and shared a fabulous meal that went on and on for hours. We also had the pleasure of sharing that meal with Ciao Laura and her husband. A special surprise awaited us, a beautiful hand painted pot that sits in my kitchen and takes me back to that day every time I look at it! I would highly recommend contacting Ciao Laura you will not be disappointed. It was all and more of what she promised!!!

Visited October 2012
Alameda, CA
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful day cooking in Sorrento”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

(I heard that reviews had been removed here recently. So when I checked mine and noticed it was missing, I felt I had to try and re-post what I could remember from Sept 2012.)

We had read the reviews for Ciao Laura and I liked that she did very personalized tours. I really didn't know what I wanted specifically so I just told her in an email. I want a day spent preparing a meal in Italy at a beautiful location and then dining open air afterwards with wine and fun people. I gave her the dates for when we'd be in Sorrento. She recommended a place immediately called Villa Ida which was a perfect match. The staff welcomed us into their villa and we spent the morning picking lemon leaves in the garden, sampling the owners homemade wine, preparing dessert, listening to opera in the big open kitchen, learning hands on techniques for the risotto and other dishes we made together. For lunch, we ate in the garden and had a very memorable meal. Later the owner took us through his gift store in town which was a little awkward but he had nice stuff and we did end up buying some things.

But in regards to the service we got from Ciao Laura, she made what seemed a very complicated request, nearly effortless on our part and it all came together just as she promised. I'd highly recommend you contact her and just let her know what you have in mind, and she'll likely make it come true.

Visited September 2012
ciaolaura, Owner at Ciao Laura Day Excursions, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to re-post your review, sharing your memories and for and recommending our services to other travelers!

Most of all, we are so happy that you enjoyed your day in Sorrento and it was a perfect match to your request!

~ Ciao Laura Culinary Vacations Italy