“When in Roma - mangia, mangia!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,057 of 1,297 Activities in Tuscany
Type: Other, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Provider of culinary tours, cooking lessons, wine, cheese, walking and foodie related tours throughout Italy.
Chicago
“When in Roma - mangia, mangia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked a "Foodie Walking Tour of Rome" through Ciao Laura and ended up getting a walking history lesson through various parts of Roma along with so many culinary tastes from Bruno.

What a fantastic tour! We went to around eight restaurant and were so full when we left to take a taxi back to the Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri we wanted to explode!

We highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting to explore Roman cuisine!

Thank you Bruno!

ciaolaura, Owner at Ciao Laura Day Excursions, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your evening foodie walking (and MANGIA!) tour! When in Rome, mangia, mangia, mangia (& buon appetito)!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review and for highly recommending the foodie walking tour to others!

~ Ciao Laura Culinary Vacations Italy

Fremont, California
“I learned the best Italian recipes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were a small group that stayed in the village of Impruneta and attended the cooking school every day. We enjoyed the rural setting and learning Veronica's grandmother's recipes. Veronica treated us like family and encouraged us to learn the Italian translations of the ingredients for our sumptuous creations. I use her recipes constantly at home and have wonderful memories of the little cooking cottage on this beautiful estate. Randy in Fremont, CA, USA

Hartford, Connecticut
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. My 18 year old daughter and I spent the afternoon in a private cooking class. The Villa is breath taking and our class was amazing. Veronica is an amazing and inspiring women. We have brought our lessons home and enjoyed many moments recreating our new recipes. Moments that will forever be etched in our hearts. This was by far my favorite Italian experience! Do not pass up this opportunity!

Jersey City, New Jersey
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My fiance visited the villa for a cooking class and thoroughly enjoyed it - The owner, Veronica, is absolutely spectacular - totally accommodating. The property was beautiful and Veronica's hospitality made it even better. I would definitely return for a long stay.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Over the Top!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

As a flight attendant, I'm always looking for interesting things to do on my short stays and was referred to Ciao Laura from a group of ladies who were on my service flight from Rome to the US and they kept were raving about their Ciao Laura cooking lesson in Sorrento so I decided to see if they had a fun one day activity in Rome and sure enough, they organized a fabulous day of shopping and cooking in Rome with a fun local chef! It was over the top good and was so much more than I expected!   I even passed this website information onto a few flight attendants who are on the Europe route and hope they can spread the word on what a treat it was to join a group, eat and cook with others while visiting our overseas destinations! Thank you and I am forever grateful for this experience!

Visited May 2012
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to provide a review and for highly recommending the market shopping and cooking lessons in Rome to others!

We love to hear that the experience was even better than anticipated and OVER THE TOP!! Enjoy your memories and please keep in touch!

~ Ciao Laura Culinary Vacations Italy