“Another excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Taormina
uk
“Another excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for the third year running in June, and it didn't disappoint. Lovely boutique hotel with good rooms, free wifi, rooftop terrace with great views of Etna and the coast, friendly staff and perfectly positioned near the gate at one end of the main street - good value, and near some nice places to eat. Deserves its high ratings. The breakfast is included and is a very good buffet as well as omelettes etc cooked to order.

Room Tip: We like the rooms overlooking the main street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel Taodomus was a great find, I'm so glad I stayed there! Here are the highlights:

LOCATION: perfectly situated in a fairly discreet spot (wouldn't have noticed it if I weren't staying there) at the end of the main shopping pedestrian street. Note it's at the opposite end from the Greek Theatre, bus depot, and funicular to the beaches, so if those are your destinations it will be about a 10-15 minute walk. On the plus side, it's only about 1-2 minutes walking to some of the best gelato I've had at O'Sciality, or a fantastic dinner at Trattoria Don Ciccio!

STANDARD & AMENITIES: For the price I paid and the high level of prices that are standard in Taormina, I expected to get a lot less value out of the place but I was very happily surprised! The room was spotless and spacious, air conditioning worked great, bed was comfortable, and I could even see the ocean from my bedroom (and attached terrace). The bathroom had a great rain shower and amazing water pressure.

SERVICE: The staff were all very friendly, VERY friendly and hospitable. They helped me out by researching and printing the bus timetables for my departure from Taormina, and were about 10 times more efficient and accurate than the people at the local tourist office who were annoyed and unhelpful when I asked them! They also supply guests with a great list of local must-try eateries and attractions, I was very satisfied having gotten through even a third of the list. And at breakfast, they didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all when I wanted to take some fruit for my journey out of Taormina, or order 3 crepes in one sitting. Yes three, they're that good!!

DON'T MISS: The breakfast! The buffet spread has a lot of options and they are all fresh and high quality. The fresh squeezed blood orange juice was tops. And do I need to mention the crepes again? I had three!!

WISH I'D KNOWN: They suggest you take a taxi from the bus depot to the hotel, and with a lot of luggage I would probably agree. I only had a backpack though, and would have much rather spent that €10 on more granite or cannoli and walked the 15 minutes!

BOTTOM LINE: No question, I will stay at Hotel Taodomus again any chance I get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This boutique hotel beats many I have stayed in NY. The service was outstanding. I parked outside the walls and the front desk came with me to assist -even at 5:30 a.m.. We were catching a flight and they packed us cakes; biscuits; sandwiches juice etc. Couldn't believe it.
Upstairs view from the terrace beautiful-that's where you eat breakfast. We brought our wine up there to get away from the crowds. Beautiful view at night as well. We stayed 3 nights and had our balcony facing inward where we could observe weddings and people watch. The hotel also provides pick up service to different hotel resorts where you can access the beach. The beaches outside the center were beautiful. I didn't drive at all thankfully-Taormina's streets are very narrow and parking expensive. It was an amazing stay at this hotel-top notch on all accounts.

Room Tip: Each one goes by a different name. The balcony was nice can be a bit noisy late at night but not too...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Very Nice Nice hotel excellent service, friendly reception staff helpful and spoke perfect English. Room had a beautiful balcony great views, breakfast had a very good choice hot and cold foods, another great view top of the hotel. Would come back and stay here for sure. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just spent the past 2 nights at Hotel Taodomus on a trip through Sicily with my mom and was treated to a beautiful (but small) room, a charming breakfast on the rooftop patio and staff that made us feel like nothing mattered more than us having a superior experience. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and absolutely loved Taormina. Service this good is rare, they did everything from pack us a breakfast to take with us to the airport for the morning we depart, to arrange for our amazing trip to Mt Etna.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sunflower State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff couldn't have been nicer. We were without luggage for the first 2 days we were there and they did everything they could to help us including calling the airline on our behalf to track it. The rooms were super clean with very nice bed linens, a modern, if small, bath and just generally very pleasant. Breakfast was fabulous and served on the rooftop terrace looking out to Mt.Etna and the Sea. Breakfast included yummy bread and cheese and fresh squeezed orange juice AND then they took your order for fresh eggs or crepes. The cook and servers were so sweet and helpful. The location on Corso Umberto was perfect. We walked everywhere and there were several excellent restaurants and exclusive shops nearby. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I did not notice the street noise that some reviewers have referenced. I highly recommend this hotel. (there is no swimming pool which I mistakenly marked so please disregard that rating. I couldn't figure out how to delete it!)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great little romantic boutique hotel very clean and very friendly in the middle of Taormina walking distance to everything
The best breakfast on a rooftop terrace with gorgeous views of the coastline and mt Etna.
Very very nice place to stay in Taormina

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Taodomus? Share your experiences!