“Clean, contemporary, classy and wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corso Umberto 224, 98039 Taormina, Sicily, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 89 Hotels in Taormina
“Clean, contemporary, classy and wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay for the convenience of being in town where stepping out of door to umberto corso was unbelievable. I was travelling alone and never had a moment of regret of choosing this hotel. Staff - amazing ; breakfast - amazing; location - amazing ! The noise at night does throb in the background at times while you are trying to sleep , but even this did not bother me enough to not return!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband an I had a lovely 3 day stay in this Hotel. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is out of this world...served on a beautiful roof top terrace. At night, around 18:30, guests can meet on the roof top terrace for drinks. For 5 euros (honor bar), guests can help themselves to the bar and enjoy the view. The rooms are spacious, have a safe and as many guests have reviewed....super clean! The only recommendation I have for guests who are sensitive to noise is to request a room that does not give on the main street as it can be noisy at night until the early morning.

Room Tip: Chose a room that does not give on the main street if you are sensitive to street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

At your arrival, the center of Taormina welcomes you with sun, smell of the sea and smiling people everywhere. The Taodomus hotel is on the main street of Taormina, it 's very refreshing in the morning go out from reception and find many people around you, ready to live the day at sea.

The hotel is really a small gem! All the young staff is incredibly kind, smiling and always ready for any request. We had a room overlooking the sea, actually amazing! It's very clean and well furnished.The coffe facilities in the room was very important for us.

The most beautiful feature of the hotel is the terrace on top floor. Have breakfast there in the morning, looking the sea and the Etna vulcan is unforgettable.

We really recommend this place, Taodomus is the gem of Taormina, and Taormina is the jem of Sicily!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ann arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at this wonderful spot in Taormina. The welcome was wonderful and even though we arrived early, our room was ready. We were in Gooseberry, the only room with a full seaview and also a view from the side of Mt. Etna. It had a nice balcony that overlooked a small alley that had some pretty restaurants at night and, of course, looked on the sea. They had a comfortable king size bed and excellent air conditioning. Toilet though not enormous was more than adequate and worked well. The rooftop terrace has a honor bar at night and serves breakfast in the morning. This is one of the best breakfast's I have had in Europe. Simple, but delicious including freshly made crepes. Since this area is on top of the hotel, the views of Etna, Taormina and the sea are fantastic. Also, the hotel is very close to the CATANIA parking so go there and take elevator to 7th floor. It is about 150 mts, just inside the catania Porte on the right. The only negative I would give is that there are one flight of stairs to get to the elevator (an elevator that is a bit quirky as you must hold the button to call for it and to ride up or down). Thus, maybe not easiest if handicap accessible is required. Other than this, everything about this hotel was great, including the warm hosts. Now I titled this as "Fantastic, even if ill". Well this is true. I became horribly sick at the end of our visit to the greek theater and needed an emergency stop at the toilets at the site. I barely made it back to the hotel, before another round hit me. This went on a few times and I ended up with a 101 F fever to boot. Because we had a pleasant balcony and there was a great pizzeria across the street, when I felt strong enough, I was able to have a slice or two on the balcony. The bed was comfortable, I had everything I need to rest and recuperate. By midnight, I felt well enough to try a glass of wine on the rooftop. I emphasize this because it is very easy to be critical of a property when you feel you are on death's door. Still, I have no complaints. My wife felt the same way. Therefore, given the price compared to other places, this is a magnificent bargain in Taormina. A true boutique hotel. Go there, stay in the Gooseberry and you should not be disappointed. Just don't stay there if we are returning as I would love to spend more time at this nice small hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stated at Hotel Taodomus with my teenage sons in July. The hotel is staffed by friendly and helpful staff and is pristinely clean. Rooms are spacious, well equipped and thanks to large shutters can completely block out noise and light which ensures a great nights sleep in the comfortable beds.
Breakfast is superb. Fresh juices, lovely pastries, a variety of choices and the best made to order creeps and omelette a. All this served in a partly open aired terrace with stunning views of the ocean. I travel extensively and if you are looking for a lovely boutique hotel in a perfect location in Taormina you should book Hotel Taodomus.

• Stayed July 2013
New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was the most wonderful place. The location was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. They found out it was my birthday and left a bottle of champagne in my room. The rooftop balcony was beautiful and they allowed us to use it even after we'd checked out while we were waiting for our plane. Overall a great place - would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I never had a so special breakfast in Italy; really super. The location is the best; main corso umberto. The staff is very kind. The hotel Taodomus is modern and clean, cosy and elegant.
Taodomus is definitively a great option where to stay in the epensive Taormina.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Taodomus? Share your experiences!