“My family visit to Hotel Villa Carlotta Taormina in Nov 2012” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Carlotta

Save Saved
You added Hotel Villa Carlotta to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Carlotta
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Via Pirandello, 81, 98039 Taormina, Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 88 hotels in Taormina
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“My family visit to Hotel Villa Carlotta Taormina in Nov 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

When we walked into the front door of the hotel,we were met by the owner Mr Andrea Quartucci, who happened to be there at the time.He immediately gave us his full attention....asked us to identify which bags went to which room,and then said to us "leave to bags to us..we will put them in the rooms" It was about noon and the rooms were not ready yet.Andrea,in true Sicilian fashion said "you must be hungry come with me".He took us by elevator to the third floor and we were overwhelmed by the open air patio which made up the dining room, which overlooked the sea He called Mary, who operates the dining room and told her that we had just arrived and asked if she could open the dining room a little bit early so she might serve as. Mary was kind... Sweet...attentive.. She could not do enough for us. She gave us menus and served us our lunch even though the kitchen was not yet open.Villa Carlotta is one of the most charming hotels that I have ever stayed in. The hotel is magnificently decorated...... the rooms are extremely comfortable and have wonderful views. The staff reflected the kindness and attention that Andrea gave us upon our arrival. Mary was extraordinarily kind to us and so attentive and gracious during our visit, ready to assist us in any way in the dining room. And the food.."MAMA MIA", I thought my Sicilian Nonna was in the kitchen.The variety.... Quality..... Selection of the food would satisfy anyone's desires.The first time we went up to breakfast, we were overwhelmed with the extraordinary selection of possible items from which to choose, and all were not only beautifully presented but extremely satisfying.The same was true for all the meals we had at the hotel The entire staff was so attentive to all of our requests and treated us as family.I believe my son plans to bring his wife back for their anniversary. There is no reason to stay in any other hotel and Taormina. We were here at my request,I had invited my three children..49..47..45.. without spouses or grandchildren,to accompany me to Sicily for their first visit. Our stay at the Villa Carlotta continues to be one of the most significant highlights of the trip. What better way for my children to learn effectively about their heritage.The hotel is within walking distance to all the shops and the main streets of Taormina. I cannot think of one reason for anyone to stay anywhere else when they visit Taormina

Room Tip: top floor with a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
villacarlotta, Owner at Hotel Villa Carlotta, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Anthonyp,
yours has been one of the most beautiful reviews we have ever received, I can't say thank you enough on behalf of all the member of the staff you quoted and those you didn't.
It's been simply special to meet you and your grown children, all so nice and polite and to realise how proud you and they are about your sicilian heritage.
Thank you for the so many praises and for having enjoyed our hotel so much.
We are looking forward to your next visit and in the meanwhile we would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a glorious 2013 !

Mr. Andrea Quartucci, Villa Carlotta owner

989 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Villa Carlotta apartments with my father only last week. Although the main hotel was closed, we were only a short walk or text message away from assistance when we needed it. A big thankyou to the front-desk staff, Riccardo and Simona, and Ajith who assisted me from the moment of booking (even advising me courteously of the temporary closure of Fontanarossa airport and alternative procedures via phone call straight after booking), assisting with booking drivers and advising on rental cars. They really did go the extra mile to make us feel welcome and we had the pleasure of meeting the owners during the duration of our stay. Andrea is a true hotelier and his warm welcoming nature, professionalism and passion for the industry really does show!

Andrea, our six days at Villa Carlotta was like coming back to our own home and we look forward to visiting again soon ( during the warmer months next time!)

Dear Mary Claire from Dubai,
I would like to thank you immensely for the beautiful words and compliments about your recent stay with your dad in our luxury apartments.
I would like to thank you in particular for pointing out the beauty of our accomodations and our personal customer care which we provide even if the main hotel is closed; you have never felt "alone", we have been near you during al your stay and it is nice to hear you enjoyed all our recommendations and suggestions.
A particular "grazie" for the persoanl compliments on my person, I appreciated, but a great hotel is made great by a fantastic staff that I have the fortune to have.
We truly hope to get the chance to see you and your father (he promised) next year maybe in October.
Ciao,
Andrea Quartucci, owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We traveled to Taormina from Palermo by bus. My husband Ross had our passports, wallet, flight information etc., in his man bag which was placed in the overhead. We were so excited to reach the hotel we exited the bus, collected our luggage and started walking the few feet to the hotel when Ross said "Oh *******, my bag"! As he said this we heard the bus going further up the narrow street and around a corner. Without thinking Ross jumped in front of a small car occupied by a young woman on her cell phone. He was yelling, "my passports, my wallet"! This poor girl looked scared to death especially when Ross opened her passenger door and jumped in her car and started yelling "GO, GO, GO - busa busa busa". That car was not moving and I can say I don't blame this girl. She probably thought he was some kind of nut. Ross then ran into the hotel and seconds later a man (Ahjit) runs out with a helmet and Ross and they jump on a scooter and off they go up the hill. They caught the bus and the bag was retrieved. Well, Ahjit didn't waste any time when Ross ran into the hotel. He quickly called for Ricardo to cover the desk so he could literally save the day for us. We were traveling with 5 of my husband's cousins and there was a collective sigh of relief when we saw them return with the bag. That was the start of our 5 day, 4 night stay at the Villa Carlotta. Once inside, Ahjit escorted us to the 3rd floor terrace that overlooks the Mediterranean where he opened a bottle of proseco and made us a snack of grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. The Villa Carlotta couldn't have been lovlier and offers breathtaking views. We visited with the owners, met their lovely children and friends from the States. Make sure you try the hotel restaurant. It was fabulous! Our favorite place in Sicily.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hotel Villa Carlotta is an amazing property in Taormina, Sicily. The staff was like family and very attentive to our every need. Four months after our stay there and I am still daydreaming about the breakfast buffet and the view from the rooftop restaurant. The hotel is within walking distance to all of Taormina's main attractions. We can't wait to return, it was a dream vacation! Thank you Andrea, Simone and the rest of the wonderful staff!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
villacarlotta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Villa Carlotta, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Mmorrisey from Ohio,
I would like to thank you immensely for the beautiful words expressed regarding your July stay at Villa Carlotta. We feel very proud that after 4 months as you say you are still daydreaming about your moments with us, really nice of you.
We all hope to have the chance to get you back soon with us hoping that the second time will be even better than the first.
Warmest regards from every member of Hotel Villa Carlotta staff
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We visited Taormina, staying at Villa Carlotta this November. We were welcomed like family and felt we had found the perfect place to reside for 5 days while we toured the area. We received help in planning our day trips, had all our questioned answered promptly, and enjoyed the well appointed rooms. We stayed in a lovely double room which was very spacious, provided a great view and had elegantly designed furniture. Breakfast was incomparable with its many selections. The hotel is in an ideal location, close to the center, while providing a quiet and restful place to lay our heads. We met Andrea, the owner, who introduced us to the property, it's fascinating history and provided us with useful information about Taormina. The last night we had dinner in the roof-top restaurant and loved it! And, it surprised us by not being very expensive. We are already making plans to return next year with our family. They will enjoy the pool and garden area as we will be coming back in the summer :-)

Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel deserves recognition as one of the best boutique hotels in Europe. The service is over the top from check in, to bar and restaurant, to car service. The rooms are well appointed with spectacular views. In addition, the owner is ever present with a kind word and smiling face. We travel extensively and this is one of our best experiences.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Villa Carlotta is one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure to stay in. I travel alot and also work in the hospitality industry.
The genuinely warm welcome, professional approach and easy check-in was delightful. The welcome drink on the balcony of the roof-top restaurant was really awesome. The view is breath-taking, surrounded by the Ionian sea and flanked by Mount Etna.
The room was very nice, the bathroom was large and it was tastefully furnished. The hotel garden and the pool are lovely. It is a secluded space with a small bar.
The staff were extremely helpful, polite and attentive. It was a really positive experience.
The breakfast is excellent, served in the rooftop restaurant. Everything is fresh and there is so much choice. I can honestly say it is one of the best hotel breakfasts I have eaten.
The location is perfect. It is a 5 minute walk into the main town. There is a sidewalk and a serene little park to walk through on-route. In the other directon, the bus station is an easy 10 minute walk, for airport transfers or travelling to other towns.
Taormina is a wonderful place. The restaurants are very good. There is also alot of good wine. It is reasonably priced and so very pretty. In my opinion, one of the nicest towns in Italy.
I would definately recommend Villa Carlotta to anyone thinking about staying in Taormina.
I thought that it was excellent value for money and more than deserved to be considered one of the best small luxury boutique hotels in the world.
I would like to thank Andrea Quartucci and his excellent team for making my time in Taormina unforgettable and an amazing, wondeful experience. Molto Grazie. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
villacarlotta, Owner at Hotel Villa Carlotta, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Tinylittle devil from London,
I have been literally overwhelmed by the compliments and the praises you reserved to us. I want to thank you so much for having been able to summarize in few sentences what Villa Carlotta looks like and what we can offer to our guests as a small luxury boutique hotel and what it is our concept of hospitality.
We have just closed for the winter and this was icing on the cake of a fabolous touristic season where we all had the chance to meet so many wonderful guests.
We live in a small paradise and are happy to share it with you all !!!!
Finally a special thank to YOU and your partner for complimenting me directly and my team, Villa Carlotta would not be what it is without each of these hard full of passion workers!
Looking forward to your next visit in 2013, my very best regards,
Mr. Andrea Quartucci and the whole Villa Carlotta staff

Been to Hotel Villa Carlotta? Share your experiences!