We got a studio apartment on the second floor for 3 nights. Having been to Positano a couple of months earlier we wanted to explore Taormina and found this via Tripadvisor and Expedia. Initially my wife was a bit put off by the recent review by "weltravelledofSussex" but I insisted we try it out as the majority of reviews were very positive. We were not disappointed and it is clear that one review is biased and not factual:
- stunning views of the sea and Mt Etna
- excellent service by all staff including Maria and Joshua who helped with every request and advice for tourists. Cristian was helpful by phone and email.
- the studio itself is top quality, and any negative comments are uncharitable. I like a new fresh look, and this was it. Fairly new, spotless, spacious split level, and thoughtfully designed.
- housekeeping is again 5 star quality
- great location, near the town center and attractions. The walk is through a pleasant quaint area and many choices for meals.
- It was a treat to wake up every morning to the view and enjoy the same at night. We like to enjoy the room wherever we stay and in the odd occasion when the weather was a bit off we enjoyed the apartment.
- a well appointed kitchenette with all the required crockery and cutlery helped though we only made breakfast one day.
- and some thoughtful touches - welcome sweets from the region, and a rose for my wife on Valentines day!
I cant think of anything that they need to improve except two suggestions: firmer pillows please, and dont change linen every day unless guests ask for it - I would like to promote green living.
The shower and bath is great quality but if possible the location of the shower should not be on the side wall as it is now. But this is not a major issue - just a suggestion.
Be aware (as previous reviews have mentioned) that the hotel is closed during off season (till March) so you only have access to the studio apartments which are self contained. Not an issue for us. This is a town for walking so be prepared for this and you will enjoy a charming town, we certainly loved it.
We will be back as this was a visit and a stay to remember.
Some suggestions on things to do: breakfast, coffee and croissant at Bam Bar, lunch with an awesome view at Granduca, Great pizzas at Mt Etna Pizzeria, quick takeaway or sit down Pizzas at Cristina.
Things to visit or see - walk up the path on Casteltoarmina to the church at the top - great views if you are fit. Dont miss the Teatro Greco, just stunning. The botanical gardens, the beach and Isola Bella. In summer do Mt Etna for sure (we couldnt due to the weather but will be back)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Belvedere is a delightful and romantic boutique hotel situated at 5 minutes walking from the center of Taormina. It is an ideal hotel for couples who are looking for a charm and relaxing oasis surrounded by a lovely garden always in bloom. With an amazing view of "Baia di Naxos" and the mount Etna Villa Belvedere its a perfect location for your Sicilian holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Belvedere Taormina
- Hotel Villa Belvedere Taormina, Sicily