My wife and I will never forget this hotel. We initially wanted to stay in Taormina for two days, just to see the place and then move on exploring Sicily. We ended up staying a week and sacrificed visiting half the island. There was just something special about this hotel. The people were wonderful, the service was excellent, the view is breathtaking! It is amazing to lay by the pool in the sun while you read a book, lift up your head and see the mediterranean and the coast of Sicily until it gets lost in the horizon. No less fantastic is it to get up, walk a few meters to the pool restaurant and have scrumptious spaghetti alle vongole. The rooms are lovely, clean, and the balconies offer spectacular views. Just sitting there as the sun goes down is mesmerising. After the 2nd morning we asked for another night because we didn´t want to leave. We went through the same ritual the following 5 days until we decided we had to leave if we wanted to catch a glimpse of other wonderful towns along the south coast. But we stil didm´t want to leave!
The centre of town is just a few minutes walk away where there is an enormous selection of shops and restaurants. The narrow streets just ooze with charm with cafes where you can sit and enjoy an espresso as well as mojito or a delicious sicilian red wine.
One thing to note is that Taormina is not exactly a cheap location so be careful if you´re on a tight budget.
Since you´re in Italy it goes without saying that there is plenty to enjoy culturally. We particularly enjoyed the Greek Theatre but that is just one example. if you´re looking for some nature you can make your way to the Mount Etna national part. However, if you go to the top be sure to pack some warm clothes. You can also take the cable car or bus scuttle down to the beach (Taormina itself is 200 meters above sea level) where you have a choice of sandy and pebbly beaches.
When it comes to food, what can I say, it´s practically impossible to eat badly. Just check trip advisor or your lonely planet and find something in line with your budget and I´ll bet you´ll enjoy it, specially if you enjoy your dinner while overlooking the bay of Taormina at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Belvedere is a delightful and romantic boutique hotel situated at 5 minutes walking from the center of Taormina. It is an ideal hotel for couples who are looking for a charm and relaxing oasis surrounded by a lovely garden always in bloom. With an amazing view of "Baia di Naxos" and the mount Etna Villa Belvedere its a perfect location for your Sicilian holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Belvedere Taormina
- Hotel Villa Belvedere Taormina, Sicily