“A BEAUTIFUL PLACE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 89 Hotels in Taormina
Horley, United Kingdom
“A BEAUTIFUL PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our stay at the Villa Belvedere Hotel was a great experience. On our arrival, we were warmly welcomed, finding the accommodation very comfortable for our seven day break. Our room had a beautiful view of the coastline, and of the terraces below. Each concierge was very knowledgable and was able to recommend local restaurants and trattoria and their speciality dishes. These proved to be excellent choices. On leaving the hotel on foot, a left turn revealed a delightful public park, which provides a very pleasant route toward the centre of Taormina. The hotel readily supplied timetable information for the local buses, trains, and the day tour to Mount Etna.

Room Tip: A south facing room will have a sea view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Monza, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We arrived in Taomina and did not have a room. We came across the Villa Belvedere. We had a room with a balcony and it was perfect! The room was comfy and large. Breakfast was good and offered eggs.. We had a small problem with wifi in the room, but that was taken care of quickly. The hotel staff was very accomodating. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Arrived on a rainy afternoon at reception and was kindly given a quick map and useful spots to eat or visit while our cases where taken to the apartments about 50m along the road. The main hotel was closed for the off peak season but Maria who checked us in was very friendly and professional and showed us to our apartment and the basics of how to get in and where the light switches where. Upon entering the apartment we was greeted with a fabulous clean apartment flat just as it is on the hotel website. Modern clean and quiet and a fantastic view of the coast and mount etna in the morning. We requested breakfast for the first morning and that arrived promptly on time, fresh croissants and bread as well as a pot of coffee & the local fresh orange juice.

As it was off season a fair few places were closed, however Maria and the hotel staff where happy to check for us and also offer alternatives. The apartment was cleaned every morning and made for a very enjoyable stay at Taromina.

Checking out was easy with the manager and again offered to call us a taxi or we was free to explore parts of the main hotel which was under renovation. If they are brought up to the apartment flat standards then this is the hotel to stay at on a return trip!

Room Tip: Go for the apartments we had no. 2 Higher apartments may have a slightly higher view Escaping a co...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank justwils
Chriacques, Proprietario at Hotel Villa Belvedere, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,
We would like to thank you for your kind comments, and we are delighted to learn that your stay in one of our newly opened deluxe studio-apartments was comfortable and enjoyable.
We are pleased to inform you that our main hotel has just reopened for the new season, and we hope to welcome you back someday.
A heartfelt thank you,
The Management & staff
ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first time in Taormina and I am so glad I was in the Palazzina of of Villa Belvedere. After a warm welcome from the staff I arrived in my room ... wow ... what a view and what a nice decor. From my room I could see the Etna and the sea in one look! The front desk staff were nice to point me in the right direction for some local visits.

I have visited many hotels in many countries, Villa Belvedere is in the top five for me

Room Tip: Ask for the Palazzina !!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My entire experience with this establishment was disappointing. Upon arrival I was given minimal information and quickly left in the apartment which was some way up the road from the hotel itself. There were absolutely NO instructions in the apartment for any of the facilities, not even one sheet of paper. You are on your own with this place. At one point the refrigerator stopped working and all of the food was ruined. As there was no 24 hour staffing of the hotel I finally got a message through by leaving a written note in the front office. I was told that there was some obscure button on the wall which I must have inadvertently touched. I never found this "button" and no-one gave assistance. At departure Manager mentioned that he knew I hadnt had a fridge for a couple of days but really didnt seem to care The view from the window is the same as all hotels in this area, there is no parking, no Sky channel and no service. As an apartment it is overpriced. Beware there are no lights on the stairs at night. NOT recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ElinyaT
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I reserved a room with the hotel in early January 2013 for a room in late January 2013. I planned to propose to my girlfriend in Taormina at the Greek Amphitheater. I notified the hotel of this special occasion and they went above and beyond to help me out. The hotel staff answered several emails in a timely fashion, and even helped me locate a photographer. When we arrived, the staff was very friendly and brought our bags to our room. We stayed in one of the suites. The view was amazing! The room was spacious and clean. The manager even brought their own laptop to the room so we could view our engagement photos on a computer. The staff then delivered a breakfast to our room in the morning. The staff and hotel are top-notch! A++. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Choose a suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I spent three lovely weeks in Villa Belvedere's beautiful Mediterranean garden apartment (no. 11) which also offers a spectacular sea view. Eventhough the hotel does not open officially until March 15, I enjoyed this splendid one bedroom apartment luxuriously equipped with three bathrooms offering each guest his or hers bathroom (bath or shower). From the charming living room whose patio doors open on the garden where citrus and olive trees grow, I could admire from sunrise to sunset the marvellous seascape of the Mediterranean, read in the morning sun from the lounge chairs or garden chairs or simply take in the beauty of the Villa Belvedere cascading gardens with its citrus trees bearing oranges, mandarins or lemons.

Apartment no. 11 is also furnished with a small kitchen and a dining room section. The apartment has two televisions and a computer and WIFI connection. An impeccable maid service is also available as well as 24/7 assistance, if required.

Room Tip: This apartment is perfect for a romantic interlude or a peaceful retreat.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple