“Villa Belvedere appartment” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 89 Hotels in Taormina
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Villa Belvedere appartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed on the 4th Floor of this ulta modern appartment with stunning views across the bay, its a close walk to the main street and would full recommend to any one.
But I have to all so mention the wonderful help and hospitality I recieved from Maria and the management,
My wife and I were travelling through europe by car and had only booked one nights stay on route to Malta the next day, but to our astonishment we discovered that we had left our passports in Sorrento, the help and assistance we got was second to none with phone calls and emails they made our onward journey trouble free, as I write these notes in Malta we are still waiting for our passports wich were posted to us by the hotel in Sorrento (Grand Hotel La Favorite) which was also did as much as possibe and another great hotel to stay in

Room Tip: 4th floor appartment
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Villa Belvedere was a perfect hotel for our stay in Taormina, Sicily. We had a room with a beautiful view of the ocean and the pool. The location was central and provided easy walking to all the sites. The services were great, we used the laundry and parking. The staff were all gracious and professional. The hotel restaurant was the only thing I was disappointed in, the food was adequate and overpriced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, NI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Villa Belvedere for just one night at the end of a holiday in Taormina. I chose it based on the previous good reviews and the hotel certainly lived up to its reputation. For my money it was an old-fashioned Italian hotel with marble floors, comfy furnishings and old fashioned standards of service. There were lots of bookcases dotted around with all sorts of books, from a set of classics in Italian to old paperback novels. This would be fantastic if you were staying longer. And I just really liked the feel of the place.

The setting is very pretty, with amazing views over Etna and the Ionian sea. I’ve been in Taormina a lot of times and sometimes think I’m a bit blasé about the views but even I was blown away by the views from this hotel. We were in a top floor room (upgraded from the seaview room I reserved) with a beautiful terrace with two comfortable chairs and an umbrella (very important if you have fair skin). The terraces were very private with good screening between them. And the room had good aircon, this is something that can’t be relied upon in Taormina hotels and is very definitely necessary! The bathroom was oddly shaped (triangular) but perfectly formed and there was excellent water pressure – again not something I would take for granted in Italy. The room was also a good size and the bed was very comfortable.

The pool area was very comfortable and bar staff were pleasant. When we were there, there seemed to be plenty of loungers to go around. It was also possible to stay in the shade, again good if you don’t have the type of skin that can take a lot of sun. The gardens surrounding the pool were also smallish but very pleasant and I think you would be able to find a quiet spot fairly easily for reading or downtime. I also thought the setting was relatively quiet – whilst it is on a road, while I was there the road didn’t seem to be all that busy and I didn’t really notice traffic noise.

I liked the breakfast. By Italian hotel standards the buffet was lavish with a range of pastries, fruit, meat, cheeses, jams, breads, as well as hard boiled eggs and I think a few cereals. And of course nutella minatures which are hard to resist. And they did a very nice cappuccino. I liked the women who were working there as well. In fact overall the hotel staff were lovely. I personally witnessed them dealing with several not very nice customers and couldn’t have faulted either their courtesy or their customer service. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I just kept hearing the word ‘certo’ (roughly translated as no problem, certainly) to pretty much every question. There also seemed to be a lot of staff which was very nice for a relatively small hotel.

My only very small comment was that when we were leaving in the morning, there did seem to be a degree of confusion about taxis, who had booked what for when. I wasn’t entirely sure whether this was to do with the hotel or not but as always I’d say make your own arrangements with New Travel Services who will always be reliable and prompt!

I will definitely return to this hotel in the future. It’s very good value for money and I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chriacques, Proprietario at Villa Belvedere, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Madam,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your beautiful review, with such a detailed description of Villa Belvedere.
We are delighted that, although your stay was brief, you were still able to catch the essence of the hotel and our philosophy .
We hope to welcome you back someday, perhaps for a longer stay, and send our warmest regards.
The Management
East Horsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

As the last hotel of our Sicilian trip, The Villa Belvedere was perfect, from the moment we arived I noticed there was a level of calmness, friendliness and hospitality. We were fortunate to have our own rooftop terrace over looking the pool and the "Baia di Naxos"a glance to one side exposes the majestic Mount Etna, with her scarf of cloud. Is this Etna steaming or just the regular cloud cover? The room was very comfortable and clean room with A/C that works properly!! The service was excellent, with nothing beiong too much trouble.

The hotel restaurant doesn't open in the evening beause there are so many restaurants within minutes walk away. The staff, especially Joshua, were extremely helpful in recommending certain resataurants and cooking styles as Taormina has a high street to be proud of, with so many restaurants to choose from it almost became a challenge choosing!

Steeped in historical celebrity stories, Taormina became the retreat to go to, the Villa Belvedere, must be the place to stay. it was a lovely few days stay to end our trip. We'll hopefully be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a roof terrace / balcony with a view over the bay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We picked Villa Belvedere after having read the reviews and comments in Tripadvisor and the comments are all correc. It is a small but well-run hotel. Very clean. Extremely friendly staff. Special thanks to Joshua for all his assistance which made our stay muh more comfortable. The location of the hotel is also very convenient, 10 mins walk to the main street and 15 minutes walk to the cable car. We will definitely visit Taormina again and we already pln to stay at Villa Belvedere.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travelled to Villa Belvedere with my girlfriend and had the best experience in Italy. When we arrived we were greeted and led to our fantastic room with an amazing view of the "Baia di Naxos and mount Etna". The service was fantastic and the employees were very friendly and they acted promptly to our every need and expectations with a five star service. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you ever happen to be travelling to Sicily.

Buona giornata a tutti!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A really well run small hotel with superb staff. Several levels to the garden and pool areas all with fabulous views. There's no evening meal but there are so many restaurants nearby to choose from. There's a good choice for breakfast and runs from 7.30 am or earlier when needed until 10.30 am so you can lie-in when you want to. You get one free lunch which was nice and you can look at the great view while waiting, as it's not quick. Relax!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Belvedere? Share your experiences!