We chose this hotel on Sawday's recommendation, and the huge amount of high star reviews on trip advisor. 300 Euros per night for 'honeymoon suite'. Our expectations were dashed on arrival - we asked to be collected form the airport and they forgot. 'Champagne' on arrival was horrible cheap fizz.
Room was very noisy, right by a road on which you hear the high pitch of scooters day and night. Attention to detail was lacking, I asked for a mint tea on the first evening and the barman nonchalantly passed me a box asking me to sift through and find a teabag. We wanted to play tennis and they forgot to arrange this, so we went to the court ourselves and were overcharged massively - £30 for 30 minutes - they obviously saw us coming! the manager of the hotel was shocked by this but could have helped.
We ended up checking out after 3 days (the soonest we could) and checking into Villa Sant Andrea - the room there was more than double in price but it really felt more than worth the cost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Belvedere is a delightful and romantic boutique hotel situated at 5 minutes walking from the center of Taormina. It is an ideal hotel for couples who are looking for a charm and relaxing oasis surrounded by a lovely garden always in bloom. With an amazing view of "Baia di Naxos" and the mount Etna Villa Belvedere its a perfect location for your Sicilian holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Belvedere Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Belvedere Taormina
- Hotel Villa Belvedere Taormina, Sicily