I feel a bit churlish for not giving five stars here as it really is a lovely hotel with a stunning location and great views from the restaurant and from some rooms. Our room was nice but only on the first floor so was a bit noisy and we didn't really use the balcony much. Breakfast was a highlight with a brilliant view and a great buffet (though the earlier you get there, the better the choice). We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening or have a drink from the bar as you couldn't sit outside.
And that is my only real problem with the hotel. No pool or garden. Yes you can go to the beach club, but you have to wait for the bus which can be late and then travel 20-30 mins to get there. Fine for a day out but impossible for a quick dip or a sit in the shade when you get back from sightseeing.
So if this is not important to you, then I would highly recommend the hotel and would go back when it is cooler. But for a hot summer's day, a closer pool would be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated a few metres from the historical center of Taormina, and a stone's throw from the main street (Corso Umberto) and the Congress Building; the hotel overlooks: The Bay of Naxos, Etna volcano, the public gardens and tennis courts.From 01/06/10 al 15/10/10, a fully equipped beach service is available free at the "Paradise Beach Club" lido in Letojanni (garden overlooking the sea with swimming pool) with a shuttle service at about 10 minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Villa Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Paradiso Hotel Taormina
- Paradiso Hotel Taormina
- Villa Paradiso Taormina, Sicily