We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights with our 20 month old daughter. we stayed in a room with sea view. The hotel was clean, nicely located as it is next to the cable car and close to the centre. there is a lovely patio where you can enjoy breakfast and a nice glass of wine in the evening. if it is chillly you can sit in the conservatory or inside. Although there is no play area for kids our daughter loved just exploring the patio. We could have breakfast outside so she did not bother other people.
We have been to the beach using the shuttle service. Excellent! The beach place was very nice with sun loungers, parasols and a great restaurant were the served fresh grilled fish, mmmm.
In Toarmina there are plenty of nice restaurants and bars, a lovely town although we did find the drinks expensive for Italian standards.
The staff in the hotel was extremely friendly. Nothing was too much. They kept heating milk for us for the baby and always with a smile. This was the start of our honeymoon and it couldn't have started better! Thanks staff from Pensione Svizzera, we hope to be back soon! Fam Demper
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Pensione Svizzera is a small charming hotel ideally located in Via Pirandello, the most central panoramic road of Taormina, where you’ll find yourself. Only 4 minutes walk from the city centre and Corso Umberto, Taormina’s main drag next to the cable-car that brings down to Mazzarò, Taormina’s most popular beach, as well as to the busterminal leading to the white-sandy beaches in the surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your La Pensione Svizzera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pensione Svizzera Taormina, Sicily
- La Pensione Svizzera Hotel Taormina