So I booked the hotel reading good reviews from this site. I was not aware that the hotel did NOT have an elevator. When I checked in, we were offered for a room with view/balcony for 20 euros additional a night....it was on the top (5th) floor, without elevator, and we took the upgrade anyway. But being on the top floor, climbing up and down the stairs is one thing, but at night, I heard other guests banging doors into their floor, very loud noise almost shocking. I also heard other guests talking loud, climbing up the stairs at late night, so it really disturbed my sleep. I felt that the so much good reviews I read somehow never mentioned that, not sure if I was just being unlucky, but I stayed for 3 nights and first night, I think we were the only guest, so I heard nothing, but for the 2nd and 3rd nights, noise coming from stairs and door banging were just so much to take, I was just ready to leave the hotel. But, Taormina is such a beautiful town, I would try to stay at the hotel on the Corso Umberto next time or at least within the historical district....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Pensione Svizzera is a small charming hotel ideally located in Via Pirandello, the most central panoramic road of Taormina, where you’ll find yourself. Only 4 minutes walk from the city centre and Corso Umberto, Taormina’s main drag next to the cable-car that brings down to Mazzarò, Taormina’s most popular beach, as well as to the busterminal leading to the white-sandy beaches in the surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your La Pensione Svizzera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pensione Svizzera Taormina, Sicily
- La Pensione Svizzera Hotel Taormina