We booked Room 22 (4th floor) for the Scilian view. It was worth it. The hotel staff will take your luggage to/from your room. So you only have to worry about hauling yourself up the steps. Staff was very friendly, helpful and polite, as well as speaking English. Breakfast buffet was wonderful and much more than a continental breakfast. Parking is immediately behind hotel, reserved for you for your entire stay. A little hectic to get in and out of because it is on a main one-way street with lots of traffic. For 10 EU the hotel will arrange transportation to a beautiful beach and provide towel, umbrella/chair. Lots of extras like tea from 4-6pm. Very convenient to funicular, short walk to main part of town and close to road that leads down to autostrada for day trips. Would definitely recommend it to all.
- Also Known As:
- La Pensione Svizzera Hotel
- La Pensione Svizzera Taormina
- La Pensione Svizzera Hotel Taormina
- La Pensione Svizzera Taormina, Sicily
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Pensione Svizzera is a small charming hotel ideally located in Via Pirandello, the most central panoramic road of Taormina, where you’ll find yourself. Only 4 minutes walk from the city centre and Corso Umberto, Taormina’s main drag next to the cable-car that brings down to Mazzarò, Taormina’s most popular beach, as well as to the busterminal leading to the white-sandy beaches in the surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your La Pensione Svizzera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.