My partner and I stayed for 8 days in late August 2013. We chose Villa Ducale because of the amazing reviews and No.1 rating on TripAdvisor, and I'm glad we did!
As I sit to write this review I haven't time to write pages, so I'll keep it short and hopefully to the point:
(1) Service is all-round excellent. The staff just can't do enough to help and nothing is too much trouble. One morning we left very early before breakfast and we had lovely breakfast-in-a-bag waiting for us to take on our day trip!
(2) Our room was just superb although not over-large. Very comfortable with AC that worked wonders in the August heat. And immaculately clean. Large comfortable bed, plenty of toiletries. Everything you would expect from a great hotel.
(3) Great restaurant - we ate there frequently so as to avoid having to catch the shuttle bus or climb the steps up from town in the evenings. Superb home-cooked food with plenty of variety and I must mention Serena who stands out for great service. Generous portion sizes too, and very reasonably priced.
(4) There is a jacuzzi on the premises but no swimming pool. No problem - you can use the pool at the sister hotel, Villa Carlotta, in town. This we did twice and very pleasant it is too. The staff at Villa Carlotta are just as welcoming and friendly.
(5) Free shuttle bus service takes you the short distance down into town - or try the steps, which takes 15-20 mins to walk. We enjoyed walking, which can be a bit of a challenge up the steps in the afternoons.
(6) Included is breakfast (a great spread including bucks fizz if you wish), then afternoon tea, then cocktails before dinner. Free everyday to all guests. A very nice touch indeed.
(7) A drink to greet us when we arrived and a bottle of wine to take home were nice touches.
(8) On arrival staff took time to show us on a map the beaches, recommended restaurants and places of interest. Very helpful.
It was such a pleasure staying at Villa Ducale and it made our holiday just what we wanted: relaxing, untroubled, easy. We let the hotel book our transit to and from the airport which was very convenient and hassle-free.
A big thank-you to all the staff. I've never felt so welcome and so at home in any hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Ducale Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Villa Ducale Taormina, Sicily
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taormina Hotel Villa Ducale is small luxury boutique hotel perched in an elevated position above the centre of Taormina km 1,3) commanding a unique outstanding view over the Mediterranean sea and Mount Etna.Our hotel,member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World group, is incredibly pretty, with flowers and colours adorning every angle, and a view to die for.Each and every bedroom has been individually designed with the highest attention to detail, furnished with great taste in a mix of Sicilian contemporary and traditional style, and each has its own private panoramic terrace or balcony.The hotel is able to offer a variety of personalised services, such as cooking lessons, wine tasting and tailor made meals, special romantic candle-lit dinners which can be arranged easily with the super friendly staff.Eleven Double rooms and six suites with full aminities and free wi-fi connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Villa Ducale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.