Pluses: Nice hotel, beautiful grounds, breakfast area and great staff. The bathroom had an actual stand up shower (and surprise, surprise, a shower curtain to keep the water in the tub inside of all over the floor), not like so many other European hotels which think that a hand-held showerhead that you end up spraying the entire bathroom with is just fine for a shower (those hotels oddly provide no shower curtain or glass to keep the water in). Also on the plus side, the a/c worked well.
Negatives: But the cleaning was very poor. And the presence of sooooo many mosquitoes and midges was disconcerting. They provide these little plug in bug killers that didn't do anything. We came home with a big collection of mosquito bites. And we NEVER had the windows open. Where are they coming from? Also poor lighting in the room. Unfortunately, the breakfast staff was very slow at replenishing items that were all gone. This was consistent throughout our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily