Our 5-night stay at the San Domenico Palace was delightful. The location, gardens, public areas and sense of history all mean this is a destination hotels one will always remember. The included breakfast on the magnificent terrace was top-notch, and the Michelin-starred restaurant very good too. A minor grumble we had about workmen starting too early in a nearby room was noted and very handsomely compensated for. The conciergerie side was fine if at a lower level than Four Seasons in Budapest or the Danieli in Venice - but they don't have the gardens! The place to stay in Taormina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily