This hotel is an oasis in the otherwise quite touristic Taormina. The hotel premises are gorgeous. We had a superior hotel room with sea view and if I pushed the curtain aside far enough and leaned out the window I could indeed see the sea, Etna and the beautiful hotel gardens, however, I could not really see much of that from inside the room. There are some rooms with balconies, which might have a better view. I thought the price was a little steep for that kind or room, though the room was very clean and comfortable. I think one should consider spending less on the room (just get a normal room and spend $100.- less) and just enjoy the spectacular views from the garden or swimming pool.
Breakfast is served on a terrace with more extraordinary views and the breakfast buffet is amazing. The most wonderful thing about this hotel is to just wander around and soak up the atmosphere. We really enjoyed it and would come here again any time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily