I stayed here in November, lovely place - very unlike a standard hotel. The place itself is like a museum or gallery - and the staff were very professional and attentive. The location is excellent in Taormina, with lovely views over the bay. I wouldn't like to drive in Taormina, and the roads, lanes and parking seemed tricky to navigate.
This hotel isn't a standard hotel, and some of the things you might expect now of a hotel of this type were not there. For example, the bathroom was not the usual pristine white and could do with being updated. The water and water pressure were again not as you would expect. The windows were 'vintage'. However when you see where the hotel is built and that the building is hundreds of years old, the good points outweigh everything else, and it's probably a good thing that there are still some hotels in the world some aspects are a bit different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily