My husband and I stayed one night at the San Domenico Palace in November 2012 and we thought it was magnificent. The room was large and utterly comfortable, breakfast was included, and they gave us a free upgrade to one with a balcony over the ocean, even though we were paying with United Airlines miles instead of cash. The hotel was once an Abbey and has been combined with other houses of the period to make a lovely, rambling place filled with beautiful art, centered around a courtyard. It was reminiscent of the Danieli in Venice--a real treasure--and I would go back in a heartbeat. Next time I'm staying more than one night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily