This exquisite hotel has not changed in all the years I have known and loved it. Wander in its gardens and go back in time, a time when Taormina was the destination for winter visitors, poets, writers and the aristocracy. I remember another time, more recently, when the 'grande maestro' Chico Schimone touched the keys of the piano in the bar lounge and produced magical moments. But the beauty of the San Domenico endures and captivates the modern traveller as it has done for so many years. For me it is quintiessentially Taormina and I think about it with nostalgia and affection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily