This gorgeous hotel is very well located in this small touristic town. Just one block away from the main street where everything happens. Plus, it’s surrounded by restaurants.
They have a free private garage, and there is wi-fi in the room, but it will cost you $9.00 euros a day.
We had a deluxe room on the 3rd floor that was very nice, of good size, and with a fantastic view of the ocean. It was nicely decorated and the bathroom had luxurious amenities, fluffy thick towels that were changed twice a day. It also had a big window that unfortunately couldn’t be opened. According to them: bug could come in. Only negative point: the paint on the window panes was peeling, due to the water from the shower that rotted the wood, therefore in need of some maintenance. But this was a minor issue.
Breakfast was good but quite ordinary. The breakfast room was beautiful with a terrace that overlooked the beach.
On the first day we had some problem with the TV. We called the front desk and immediately someone came. We have never seen such fast, efficient and polite service anywhere else.
They had a Michelin one star restaurant on the premises which we highly recommend. Especially the pumpkin and clams risotto I had for primo piatto.
The gardens of this ancient convent are gorgeous, from where you can see Mount Etna standing majestically right in front of you.
The staff is so kind and helpful. We really loved this town and the hotel, and will surely return if we happen to come back to Taormina someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily