“Our Experience with Taxi Taormina” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.I invite you to come along with me to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, to be cooled by our soft sea breezes, and to learn from a son of Sicily the vast beauties of my land, "La Bella Sicilia".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Marcos, California
“Our Experience with Taxi Taormina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We used Roberto Miriabile's service while in Sicily. Mario, his friend and partner, met us on time upon our arrival at Catania airport. The ride to Taormina was more like a guided tour than a transfer. We learned about the topography of the area and the influence of Mt, Etna, plus history of the towns in this beautiful part of the world.
While in Taormina we used their service for a short trip to Fiumifredo. Again the trip to and from Fiumifredo was a pleasant and informative experience.
And finally on our departure from Taormina to the airport, Mario was at the door of our apartment and ready on time.
This is an excellent small company with excellent, professional service. Roberto's e-mail communication with me prior to our trip was great. I will recommend the service to anyone making the trip to this region of Sicily.
Robert D'O
San Marcos, Ca

Visited October 2013
Excursions_TaRoB, Owner at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello dear Robert,
I would like to thank you for your kind reviews, it was a pleasure to take care of your needs here in Sicily, and hope to can be useful also next time,
Please if it will be possible book departing flight in one more relaxing time...ahahaha!!
I would like to give you and all one clarification about Mario,
he his a very good driver, But he isn't my partner, I don't have any partners. he work for me. Apologize for this revision.

Roberto
By Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 attraction reviews
“Great day in Sicily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I plus 5 friends booked Roberto's Godfather tour and we had several wonderful hours touring while our ship was in Messina. Roberto was a great host and having a private tour doing what our group wanted was much better that a large group with a pre-set plan. He was very reliable and "one of the group" instead of the driver. Strongest recommendation.

Visited October 2013
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hello dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your great review, I'm glad that you was have fully met all your expectations, I have feel part of your group during our Godfather.
Thank you again for give ume your preference, hope to can see and meet more times in this fabulous land.
Best & kind regards, Roberto
By Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.
Poway, California
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Private Driver-Sicily's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I and our two best friends decided enough of the big bus cruise ship tours (with too many people being shuffled around like a herd of cows), so we opted for a private driver with Roberto when our ship docked in Taormina. By far our best day of the entire cruise!!! Roberto's MB van was spotless, clean and very comfortable. In addition he was the ultimate companion on our exploration of Taormina and the surrounding villages. Funny, articulate, knowledgeable and excellent english, Roberto made our trip a day of oohs and aahs and great food at restaurants only the local residents know. As two of us are avid photographers, Roberto customized our drive through Sicily to see beautiful towns and sights and added personal anecdotes of his own life that interwove the history and stories of this beautiful countryside. Thank you Roberto for making our day in Taormina the best of our cruise.

Hello dear Maggie,

Apologize me for my very balated mail to answer at your kind review, Sorry.
Was my pleasure to take care of you and Bob with your guest. Sicily also is very helpful to enjoy an short time by ashore tour, to meet our history, villages, hospitable people and savor the wine and food, hope to see you soon... next year maybe, here in Taormina.
Thak you again to give me your preference.
Best & kind regards,
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.
Plainfield, Illinois
“A Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We used Taxi Taormina's service from and to the airport, as well as a day tour of Syracuse. Our taxi service was prompt and the vehicles are very clean and comfortable. Roberto is an excellent and informative tour guide. He tailored the tour to our interests and gave us various options of what we would like to do/see. It was fun, informative, and gave us a real-life glimpse into Sicilian life and history. Hint: don't miss the opportunity to visit the local market with Roberto and enjoy the local breads & cheeses. It's a blast! We hope to return and enjoy another visit with Taxi Taormina.

Visited October 2013
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hello dear Simone,

First of all I want to thank you to give me your preference here in Sicily and also for your kind review, It was my pleasure to show you a small part of this Island, Syracuse is one of the must were can meet a lot of History but also as you well described meet our real uses and mores, plus some good taste of Typical products, Local Market is magnificent, is like when you can all the vendors to then performance like in Theatre....

I hope to see you and friends next future with some more time to spend here in Sicily ( PLEASE) - Ciao
Wish you also Happy Christnas.
Warfmest regards,
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Excellent tour guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I were making our first visit to Sicily and wanted to make the most of our time there. Instead of taking the train from our hotel in Siracusa to our hotel in Taormina,we decided to use the Taormina Taxi which not only provided transportation from one hotel to the next but took us sightseeing to Noto, Modica, and Ragusa on the way. Our guide Roberto was extremely knowledgeable on many aspects of Sicilian life and history. He brought us to a top chocolate shop in Modica, and we lunched in Ragusa on a delicious platter of mixed cheeses and salami. It was certainly a memorable day. Several days later we used Taormina Taxi again when traveling from Taormina to Palermo. This time we visited the Villa Romana and the Valley of the Temples on the way. Our guide this time was Mario, and again we had a great time. Highly recommend.

Hi dear Guest,

Thank you for give me your preference to be useful and enjoy with you a days here in Sicily,
Would like also to thank you for your kind review, I appreciate a lot.
We was have on tours opportunity to have many different views of Sicily, Baroque areas, meet some typical food and pastry, meadival history, then in Villa del casale you meet the Roman era and in Agrigento Greeks. Well as well you enjoyed Syracuse - Taormina and Palermo at your own.
Hope can meet you in next future to show you also the unknown areas of Sicily.
Wish you and Family Happy Christmas.
Warmest regards, Roberto
By Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.