“A week to remember” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 activities in Taormina
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.I invite you to come along with me to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, to be cooled by our soft sea breezes, and to learn from a son of Sicily the vast beauties of my land, "La Bella Sicilia".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Newburyport, MA
“A week to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My girlfriends and I travelled to Sicily in mid September. Taxi Taormina Roberto Tours was a perfect fit right from the minute we got off the plane and the driver was waiting for us at the airport exit. The transportation was safe and comfortable and the mini-van had plenty of room for all of our belongings.
One of many of our adventures was the full day trip to Agrigento. The ruins were incredible. The spectacular views looking down on the Valley of Temples could only have been outdone if we had been there at sunset!
The trip to the historical city of Siracusa was another day of Roberto sharing his vast knowledge of the island and the history associated with it. We spent our day viewing beautiful churches, exploring the market, sitting in a Plaza drinking cappuccino and watching the crowds walk by. Lunch in a local restaurant was delicious. He knew all the right spots to take us.
Our Mt Etna trip was another highlight. We made our way slowly up the mountain with Roberto pointing out the changes in landscape along the way, often stopping for our endless picture taking. He was a very patient man!!! We ended our afternoon with a trip to a local winery for lunch and a wine tasting. Again the views were spectacular and the food & wine were incredible.
I would recommend Roberto to anyone, he was a perfect gentleman, his English was easy to understand and his knowledge of Sicily is extensive. You will not go wrong with him as your guide.
Thank you Roberto for giving us many laughs along the way!

Visited September 2012
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hello dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kindly review, I'm very happy about and gives me pleasure that everything we thought we'd do together, both went well. Our Island Sicilia is generous with many beautiful historical places and cultural sites to visit, we try also to don't forget that there is also a considerable tradition in the wine and food that goes will deepen, as rightly we done extensive knowledge.
Thank you for the many compliments expressed towards me, know that you have appreciated so much my work repay me more than anything in the world, and always give new strength to continue on this pat.
Thank you again.
Best & kind regards,
Roberto Taxi Taormina Tours.

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“A Fabulous Tour Guide!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Five ladies were so fortunate to vacation in beautiful Taormina for 8 beautiful days!! Our tour guide Roberto was a wealth of knowledge on Sicilian culture and the history of this gorgeous island. Roberto provided safe and comfortable transportation always in a timely fashion. He's a gentleman and extremely kind man with lots of patience - especially with 5 ladies!! Mt. Etna was an exciting tour with Roberto stopping at great points along the way so we could take pictures. After Mt. Etna, Roberto recommended Barone Di Villagrande Winery with breathtaking views of the vineyards and a 4 course meal with various wines which were excellent!! Roberto brought us to Siracusa with great history, beautiful churches, market places and great dining. We also toured the Greek Ruins - the temples of Agrigento are magnificent works of art with beautiful views! All in all, Roberto was so helpful and made our trip a memorable one!! I'd highly recommend Taxi Taormina Roberto Tours!!

Visited September 2012
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hello dear,

Thank you for your kindly review, I was very lucky to was have a placer to met you to meet and the "fabulous 5 ladies".
I hope that your holiday will remain in your memory as long as possible, to make sure to can be an incentive for a new holiday here in Sicily.

Thank you again.

Sincerely yours,
Roberto Taxi Taormina Tours.
Salisbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Certainly a Trip Highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Myself and four of my girlfriends arrived in Sicily for a 10 day Taormina visit and I must say that having Roberto as our guide throughout the trip was almost as wonderful as the vacation itself. A perfect Gentleman right from the start, Roberto's hospitality and kindness had us feeling as though we were touring the land with an old friend. We were impressed by his extensive knowledge on Sicilian culture, history and politics. Not one of our questions went unanswered and with 5 American woman... there were a LOT of questions :) In short... we went to Taormina looking for a tour a guide and left Taormina having found a new friend. I would highly recommend "Taxi Taormina Roberto Tours" to all... You will not be disappointed - Camille

Visited September 2012
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello dear Cap.

Hello dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all, I past very nice time with you and girls, honestly I was pleasantly involved by your joy and curiosity of what you circled here in Sicily.
Your desire to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know more the usual of our history, to meet our hospitable people and to have funny time with them, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to enjoy breathtaking vistas, and to learn from a son of Sicily what is beautiful life... I past one memorable week with you and girls.

Thank you so much to give me the opportunity to enjoy

Warmly regards,

Roberto Taxi Taormina Tour.
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“"Fantastic Day in Sicily"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We visited Taormina as a cruise stop and Roberto was waiting for us as we disembarked his van was new and very caomfortable.
I had booked with Roberto- the Godfather tour (as a surprise for my husband) he answered all my emails immediately he was so helpful.
We started the tour at the railway (so beautiful inside) in the movie and proceeded from there seeing many sites. We visited the church that Micheal & Apollonia were married this was a beautiful site with the most amazing views. We went to bar 'Vitelli' where Roberto brought us a drink of granitas & took photos of us without us having to ask.
The views from here were so scenic- while there we met up with the ships tour I was so pleased we did our own tour it all seemed so hectic - like they were trying to herd cattle in & out of coaches in the heat.
Then after touring the Godfather sites we visited so many other interesting & worthwhile places, Roberto new exactly where to stop for fantastic photos & unbelieveable views!!
He then dropped us of at Taormina for shopping & lunch (gave us a mobile phone so we could contact him if we wanted to be picked up earlier than organised) here we visited the many quaint shops along the corso & enjoyed a beautiful lunch at a terrace cafe overlooking the ocean. Roberto was there on time waiting to pick us up.
Then he drove us HIGH upto the village of Castlemola which over looks the island truely magical - there we sampled wine at cafe Turrsi.(think this is correct too many places to remember)
Robeto supplied water bottles as well as it was a very hot day.
We arrived back at our ship Riviera in plently of time - after experiencing so much of Sicily could not believe how much we did experience!
Roberto is an extremely informed guide - passionate about Sicily, very kind & patient person and a wonderful, safe driver. We had the most enjoyable day.
Thank you so much Roberto.

Visited August 2012
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Hello dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the kindly review, also for all complimets,
I was pleased to can take care here in Sicily of your ashore tour.
I would like to apologize for my belated answer, since I was out of the office on route until yestarday.
I'm glad you enjoyed our beautiful island in a version that shows small but significant differences that exist between our villages, to explore every corner and aspect of this part of the island, to know more of our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, and also to enjoy some our breathtaking vistas.

I wish you all the best, and hope to see you soon around our Bella Sicilia.
sincerely,

Roberto Taxi Taormina Tour.
Island of Gozo, Malta
3 attraction reviews
“a very professional service indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

very professional, well mannered and educated, roberto was very helpful in answering any of our questions and kept a very interesting conversation the whole way. His car was very comfortable, clean and well kept.

I'd recommend him to anyone wanting a personalised tour!

Hello dear Sirs,

Thank you for compliments, I was really pleased to can take care of your tour here in Sicily.
I hope to can be useful in next future.

Best regards,
Robertio Taxi Taormina Tours.