“Excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 88 hotels in Taormina
milano
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Excellent and well furnished restaurant in the city center of taormina ; guests can enjoy a great atmosphere , breathtaking view down to the sea and the bay of Giardini Naxos.From the terrace of the restaurant you can also enjoy an amazing view of M. Etna. Top-quality and fresh food, friendly staff. The chef comes to table to make sure that all is ok.
I recommend this restaurant and the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Metropole for just a couple of nights due to our base hotel, the Grand Hotel San Pietro, closing for the season. The Metropole is located right in the heart of Taormina so is right on Corso Umberto where all the wonderful shops are located AND nearby to all the various restaurants. The hotel itself is very, very contemporary! The welcoming and very chic entrance sets the tone. We found the staff to be quite personable and very helpful! Our room was all white marble and white acessories with a large, roomy bed; windows overlooking the sea; a GORGEOUS, modern bathroom with all the amenities! We only ate breakfast at the hotel once and it was adequate. Because of all our day trips, we really did not have any chance to eat in their restaurant. Would I stay there again? Although very, very beautiful, I would say that I would prefer a hotel located a little more remote and tranquil...not so near all the hustle and bustle of Corso Umberto but rather situated closer to the sea (Grand Hotel San Pietro-see my recent review as we stayed there first). If we had stayed at the Metropole the entire time in Taormina, then I doubt if we would have had the opportunity to explore the rest of the area as thoroughly as we did. Both hotels, however, are lovely!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

What an amazing hotel in a beautiful location. From the friendliest staff, beautiful appointed spacious rooms, gorgeous shower. Luxurious bed and best balcony over looking the Mediterranean sea. We just loved our Deluxe Room.

From walking into the foyer and being greeted by the staff I felt like royalty and being shown around the property. The sensational infinity pool with the best looking pool man. Breakfast on the terrace was just amazing and just delicious.

Room Service/Restaurant menu was worthy of a 3 hatted restaurant – thank you to Chef Andreas for your beautiful pasta and food – I can still taste it!

Felt very special when I asked for a taxi to take me to Isole Bella….only to be provided by the hotel my own private transfer – which then came to collect me at the end of my beach day. WOW this is the service that other hotels should take note of.

Nothing was too hard. Staff were extremely friendly. You must enjoy an evening drink on the terrace to watch the sunset.

This is the only place to stay in whilst your visiting taromina….no other hotel like it.

Will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Enjoy the turn down service each night
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

from the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated like royalty and nothing was too much to ask of the staff. The rooms were so beautiful, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was so relaxing. The view from our room was amazing and the room service impeccable. The pool was beautiful and the pool service so professional. I ordered room service and was pleasantly satisfied. The decor of the hotel and the lounge area impressive. I must commend the Chef Andreas, he is a talented and amazing chef and an asset to the hotel. I cannot fault this hotel and it is situation on the corso which is perfect as it is central to everything. Will definately be going back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying for 10 nights in July ,difficult to imagine a better managed team . The director , francesca and the fantastic reception team and the lovely Maria at breakfast , always a smile from all of the team and nothing was ever a problem .
The hotel restaurant had been described as excellent in other reviews , wish I could find a more descrptive word , the food was superd and the service faultless - if you in Taormina you really must eat here .
We do not generally return to hotelks , however , if we return to Sicily this is where we will stay - the views alone make it worth the trip .
Overall the Metrople is an experience not to be missed and our advice - give it a try - it will not disappoint .
C and c from Dubai

• Stayed July 2011
venice, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The Metropole is an ideal modern boutique hotel. The small size makes it feel very intimate and inviting; the incredibly warm and helpful staff complement this feeling. In fact, I can't say enough positive things about the staff. They helped make this trip of ours to Taormina one of the most memorable we have ever had by arranging terrific meals, suggesting places to go, and just generally making us feel at home. The location, in the middle of the main street though town, is at odds with how secluded and quiet it feels once you are inside. You get the best of both worlds -- close to busy shops and restaurants, but also a true oasis for holiday relaxation with a knock-out view of the sea below. The design is modern and clean, which we loved. The beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are beautiful and functional.

Room Tip: A couple rooms have private outdoor hot tubs.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We have just returned from a ten day stay in this wonderful hotel. I take the time to write a review only when the hotel warrants such time and attention, and I can honestly say that this one does. It is relatively new and little advertised at the moment, but the location is perfect for enjoying everything the town of Taormina has to offer, direct access to the bustle of the main pedestrian street for shops, restaurants, bars etc and through the hotel reception to the stunning terrace with spectacular views over the med. There are only 25 rooms, there is a sympathetic and very stylish blend of old and new in the design, the furnishings and the decor.
The most important thing though is the exceptional level of service which is achieved with a warmth and friendliness, and generosity of spirit. The owner runs this hotel in low-key friendly manner, and the entire staff seemed to be very happy. The front desk team are all equally wonderful and we give a big thank you to everyone, Guiseppina, Valentina, Francesca, Marcello, Chiara, Rosario and Aldo, I'm sure I have left people out, but you all added to our stay. Nice touches were the shuttle service to and from the beach, bottle of wine on leaving, the live jazz in foyer, and we were especially
My partner and I have travelled extensively and hardly ever return to the same place twice, but this is one of the few places I would go back to in a flash.

Room Tip: Naturally the rooms overlooking the sea are the best.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Metropole Taormina Maison d'Hotes? Share your experiences!