“Luxurious hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 88 hotels in Taormina
Cadier en Keer, The Netherlands
“Luxurious hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in may and we not as positive as the rest of visitors.
To start with the positive: the staff is great. I contacted the hotel the day before and the offerd me the service to contact them as soon as I had arrived in the parking to send someone over to pick our lugage en support us t the hotel. We got a very warm welcome at the frontdesk. My laptop couldn't get a connectopn to their network so the tried to help me for half an our and when this didn't help I got a mini laptop from their desk (taht's what I call service). They also provide you with a map with the landmarks you should visit. The view from the top of the hotel is amazing
The breakfast and diner (one time) is excellent. The location is great: at the beginning of the shoppingdistrict and close to restaurants and bars.
What did I miss? I think a 5 star L hotel should have more amenities. There seems to be a pool a the beach but this wasn't open (and there was no alternative). The don't have a fitnessroom.
Further on we had a room on the second floor. The waterpressure wasn't that good and is has no shower. The room is also very dark. n the pictures we saw better alternatives.

Room Tip: Book a room on the highest floor as possible

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had problems and they were fabulous in helping. Room was a Jr Suite and it was large and the bathroom was great with two sinks and a tub over 6 feet long. Biggest TV in a room I have ever seen. At least 60". Good food and friendly staff. Good location but have them tell you where the garage is to drop the car and they will come and get you.

Room Tip: Only 11 rooms so ask for what is important to you....the view, size, etc. Big price difference for...
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was married in Palermo(11th may) and wanted to treat my wife to something special for the wedding night,and this was my choice,and boy what a choice.
Now the only problem with this hotel is you have a 5-10 minute walk from the multi storey car park.Where the hotel is situated you have to walk down the main street where cars cannot go so don't be put off by this.The hotel is situated of the main street but looks beautiful.From reception you get the feeling you have made a good choice,you get to go in the glass elevator lol.
The room was magnificent and stylish,we were giving a bottle of prosecco for a wedding gift which was a lovely touch.When you enter the room,you are greeted with a huge screen tv,dvd,as well as a sofa and huge bed.The bathroom was really beautifully decorated,dual sinks toilet and bath.To say the least,we had an amazing night...
Breakfast was equally as good,my wife had the omelette,2 to be precise and I had the poached eggs and bacon,and the an omelette,all with a nice glass of prosecco lol.
In the morning when we woke,we discovered a small puddle of water coming from the bath,i called reception and within 2 minutes,no im not joking,2 workers had come up to fix the problem.
I would give this hotel 10 out of 10 for everything,the views from the room were awesome,nothing can be faulted from start to finish.Taormina is beautiful and amazing,i wish we could have stayed for longer but we had to go back to palermo

Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I would give this hotel 10 stars if I could! I agree with other reviews that it is tough to find as they are located in the pedestrian area. Mario found us and guided us to the parking lot and from there it was sheer bliss. Well actually not because our Hertz rental car died in the parking lot. This is where El Jebel's staff totally shined. They spent hours and hours on the phone for us working to get a new rental car while we enjoyed Taormina. we got a new rental car by that evening! That is SERVICE! Antonio was incredibly gracious, professional, reassuring, kind just simply wonderful. Guiseppe walked me back and forth a couple of times as we wrangled with Hertz. We were upgraded to a junior suite and I disagree that accommodations were dated. The room was gorgeous, the only place with double sinks, beautiful linens, tons of storage and a spectacular view of the bay. My husband is 6'6" and loved the tub. I loved the rainhead shower head and finally my hair was clean because the water was perfect!

We loved breakfast as many items were made to order, cappucinos delicious. We dined at the restaurant and had a lovely meal with attentive service. We loved the hotel so much we tried to change our itinerary to stay longer, but unfortunately we could not, I was very sad to leave Hotel El Jebel. The architecture is interesting, they retained the outer appearance of old, but thoroughly modern and exquisite inside. I highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disapppointed!

• Stayed May 2013
Westerly, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I really wanted to love the El Jebel but a few things held me back. Of a 5-star hotel, much is expected, and for the most part, EJ delivered. The location is perfect, absolutely perfect. On the main pedestrian shopping street, Corso Umberto, and in Taormina, it doesn’t get any better than that. The downside, it was really hard to find and a bit of a nightmare to drive to even using the hotel’s directions which proved to be inadequate. If you are heading there, park in the public lot at the Parking Garage Porta Catania
and walk up the hill through the small piazza and gate. We ended up asking a taxi driver, the incredibly helpful Carmelo, to lead us there. The hotel is just along on the left past the Municipal building.
The rooms were fine, but my cousin’s Junior Suite had a bathtub with a hand-held wand, no shower… not what we expected in this price range. They were scrupulously clean, and kept up twice a day. The halls are dark, at least on the second floor, and the furnishings are fine, if a touch dated. There was a lovely terrace just off the elevator on the second floor, which was delightful, and the rooftop terrace was fantastic. The views from everywhere were spectacular. The restaurant and bar were very fine. The young bartender and server from Sri Lanka was a delight, so personable and helpful. The dishes were all fresh and perfectly prepared. The wines were well chosen. The price point was a little high and we noticed that the restaurant was not well used. The breakfast was very good with a smallish selection of offerings but there were included menu items, like an absolutely perfect omelet and other egg preparations, and a Sicilian meat and cheese platter.
Our flight out was quite early, and the staff managed us and all of our luggage very efficiently at 4:00 in the morning for which we were grateful. I would stay at the El Jebel again but I would have a better idea of what to expect.
I really wanted to love the El Jebel

Room Tip: Room 201 is a good choice: access to a semi-private terrace and a shower with a rainhead.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last summer for cousins wedding and the hotel has its own unique ring to it. The only thing that would make it better would be if there was a pool. Otherwise lovely had an amazing time. It was awfully hot so a pool would have been nice. Breakfast was delicious with so much variety of food
The staff were very helpful and were willing to help.
The hotel was in a good location as it wasn't too far to get to restaurants and the town square
Getting down to the beach was easy via the cable car.
Staying here was definitely the best holiday I've had as the whole family was there for the wedding and it was definitely the best big family holiday we have had!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

El Jebel is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. We are experienced travellers and this hotel stands out of the pack. It is a boutique hotel with outstanding decor, excellent service, and perfect cleanliness. The staff made us feel as though we were part of the family. If we were to return to Taormina, it would be to stay at El Jebel. It is a hotel not easily forgotten.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel el Jebel? Share your experiences!