“Mesmerising view and food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 200 Restaurants in Taormina
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Luton, United Kingdom
“Mesmerising view and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just spent a week in Sicily and was recommended this restaurant in Taormina by locals. Wow !!!! The view is truly mesmerising. We could see Etna and lava flowing down. Was a bit concerned at first but the Manager Alfio (what a fantastic character) assured us that Etna was lika lady, she blow hot one day and next day cold. He kept us entertained with a magic trick and made sure we were happy with our food, making recommendations for me as I was vegetarian. The food was exceptional, beautifully presented. The staff were very friendly and offered advice on where else to visit. They all spoke very good English and couldn't do enough for us. We were a party of four and all of us returned for another meal there that week. I would certainly say this is one restaurant you must go to it ticks all the boxes. I was told it is one of the top 10 views in the world from a restaurant. I can believe it truly stunning. We plan to return to Sicily again next year and will defo be going back there again. My advice set aside some time to explore Taormina also this place is simply quite beautiful.

Sydney
“Food & View Even Better than 2012 ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I came for dinner with 2 friends on 31 July 2014. I had been once before in 2012. The food was much better this time around (last time fish was overcooked and dried out) and so was the view ... this time we could see the lines of red hot molten lava flowing from Etna - a really amazing sight at sunset.

I have been to Taormina now 5 times for total of around 9 months all up. I wanted to take best friend for an impressive dinner for last night in town. My usual quandary is do you pay for the awesome food or awesome view - I cant say any place in Taormina really has both that is within a medium price range. In the past Al Saraceno has had unbeatable view but average food. Hand on heart, the food was really really good this time around. Even my Taormina friend Rocco was speechless that the food was (a) totally authentic (b) of such quality.

Of course we chose the truely Sicilian meals for last dinner in town - Sarde Beccafico (stuffed, breaded sardines), Pesche Spada Involtini (swordfish roulards) and Tonno con Cipolla (tuna with red onions from Tropea). All were delicious. Lovely and juicy, not dried out as per previous visit in 2012. Red house wine by the caraf was excellent. I had ravioli with prawn sauce for 1st course - it was delicious. I tried friends dessert - fragments of cannoli shell on a bed of ricotta drizzled in honey and nuts. It was was a modern take of an old favourite. It was good - too "cheesy" for me, but the quality was there for sure. Friend loved it.

My only negative is that took some time (30 mins) between order and 1st course pasta to arrive - a little long - but then again our own stupid fault as we were first to arrive at 7.30pm and spent one hour chatting over cocktails before ordering (our choice). Suggest you go 7.30pm, make the most of superb sunset view (it gets dark around 8.30pm) but order before the 8.30pm onslaught. You must make reservation for a front row terrazza table.

Bill was EUR135 for 3 people - incl 3 cocktails and 1 litre of house wine but only 1 person had dessert. A very reasonable price for Taormina.

I heartily recommend and I am going again in 2 weeks myself. Go for it.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“30th wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

have just spent a fantastic week in Taormina where we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on the 21st of july as you can imagine I wanted to spoil the wife so after trawling the reviews of restaurants in resort I kept coming back to this one so I booked online before we went all I told the wife was that she had to be in a taxi at 730 and to our surprise when we turned up at al saraceno we weren't disappointed we were shown up onto the roof terrace where we were rewarded with fantastic views of the bay mt ena and castlemolla and as we enjoyed our first course the sun set behind the mountain and the it started lava pouring down the side of etna the food was impressive as the views I had a typical Sicilian dish for starter and my wife had huge prawns wrapped in bacon with an orange sauce for mains I had a delicious steak and my wife had the bass we both had a dessert washed down with a lovely bottle of local white wine id like to say a big thankyou to all of the staff for making it a great evening and alsoid like to thank mick and margo the Australian couple who were sat next to us for the very kind gesture they made to us wed never met before and they sent over a bottle of prossecco for us to celebrate with if there reading this many thanks hope your enjoying the rest of your tour.id certainly recommend this restaurant not only for the scenery but for the fantastic food

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stunning view amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great place, friendly staff, great food, i am sicilian so i know what i am talking about!
Greatly recommended

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Spot on everytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We visited Al Saraceno 3 times whilst staying at Villa Angela and the food is great! The starters are big enough to share one between two. We had the Antipasti Rustico - gorgeous! We alos tried fish, steak, rice and pizza dishes and they were all good. The house wine was also reasonable and very nice.Worth a visit for the view from the terrace.

Visited July 2014