We only stayed in Siracusa for one night and picked this hotel based on previous reviews on this website.
The hotel is in an ok location, it is about a 15 minute walk from Ortegia island and the restaurants and shops of Syracusa. However, like most of Sicily, you are never sure how safe a walk it actually is, that said, we had no problems. Taxis are plentiful and a taxi to and from Ortegia main square will cost approx €10.
The hotel is not glamorous or luxurious but it is clean, modern and bright. Our room was large, newly decorated and was spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable and there were lots of toiletries and extra pillows. The overall decor of the hotel, while newly done, is slightly cheap with cheap plastic bathrooms and a lot of orange and brown in the bedrooms.
We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on this but we did look at the breakfast buffet and it was adequate.
The pool area is cramped, there are only about 10 sunbeds in a cramped row on the roof next to a small but clean and modern pool.
We found the staff to have excellent english (best we experience in Sicily) and they were extremely knowledgeable about the area and helpful with their recommendations.
I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
The main advantage of this hotel if you have a car is the secure underground car park and easy access from the main road - two very rare things in a small town in Italy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is centrally located adjacent to the historical archaeological zone and within close proximity to the Paolo Orsi Museum, the shopping district, as well as the historical island of Ortigia. It's an ideal structure for both business and tourist guests. The hotel offers 93 air-conditioned rooms, and includes an open-air, roof-top swimming pool with panoramic views, a solarium, a conference centre, two bars, and underground garage and external parking. The inviting, full buffet breakfast uses local Sicilian produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Mercure Siracusa Prometeo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Siracusa Prometeo
- Mercure Hotel Syracuse
- Hotel Mercure Siracusa Prometeo Sicily/Syracuse, Italy