This is a small 4 star hotel located in the midst of farming countryside west of Siracusa. It is a fine hotel with lovely grounds and gardens, and an outdoor swimming pool. There are thousands of lemon trees in the surrounding fields, and all kinds of vegetables growing in great numbers.
Morning and evening meals were taken outdoors close by the swimming pool, under a canopy. While we were there, the other guests were mostly German (with small numbers of other nationalities). The overall ambiance of the hotel was very quiet. All guests spoke in low voices and it created a calm relaxing atmosphere, even though there were 2 small children present. At times we felt that it was almost a little “monastic”. The food available for morning and evening meals was good, although not especially memorable.
The hotel provides a “shuttle” service to Sicacusa, to the nearby beach (Ananella) and to the archeological site near Siracusa (Neopolis). This was very convenient for us as we did not have a hired car. The hotel staff, especially at reception, were extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. This was possibly the outstanding feature of the hotel.
Overall I would strongly recommend this hotel for those we like a quiet, relaxing holiday. It would not be so convenient for holiday makers who like to spend their evenings socialising in restaurants or bars. The only small drawback for us was that our room was rather dark with just one small window. This may help to keep the room cool in high Summer but we would have like more natural light in our room in October. The next time we go there we will ask for a room with a terrace. Overall it suited us very well as we wanted a quiet, relaxing holiday. My rating would be 9/10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Principe di Fitalia is a charming place in Siracusa where you can stay to relax yourself. The hotel is managed by the owners. It has a lot of amenities - fitness room, aestethic room, restaurant, swimming pool, parking, green, table tennis, hot tub, sauna, restaurant. It's perfect to reach Noto, Ragusa, Etna, Taormina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Principe di Fitalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Principe Di Fitalia Syracuse
- Principe Di Fitalia Hotel
- Hotel Principe Di Fitalia Sicily/Syracuse, Italy