This is by far the nicest B&B we have stayed in. The rooms are light, airy, clean and spacious - and all have the most stunning sea view. We sat drinking wine on our balcony the night we checked in and all memories of the trains and taxis that day disappeared. The sea laps against the building, and you can venture in for a swim or paddle directly from the bottom floor. There is a lovely communal sitting room with panoramic views of the sea and breakfast can be eaten on the balcony. Sabrina is very friendly and helpful, and kindly gave us a lift to the station when we checked out.
The location is a little bit away from the Old Town (10 Euro in a cab) but we walked to the Archaeological Area in about 20 minutes or so, and the B&B is a 1-minute walk away from Jonico, a lovely local restaurant. All in all, I am glad we were in the location we were as it is so peaceful and scenic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clung to the sedimentary rock from which it's named after: "Giuggiulena" the building is almost a place set apart, a secret place, a shelter of serenity and natural beauty overlooking the sea accompanied by the waves and the moon. The sight goes up to the big harbour's creek and Ortigia, from where is just 15 minute walk.The love we feel for this place and our guests naturally makes us pay attention and extra care to every single detail in order to offer them joyful days and unforgettable nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Giuggiulena Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Giuggiulena Hotel Syracuse
- Giuggiulena b&b
- Giuggiulena Bed And Breakfast Sicily/Syracuse, Italy