“Great food with Tony!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dromana, Australia
“Great food with Tony!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I continue to be blown away with the food in Sicily. This restuarant is no exception and added to this you have the entertainment from Tony the owner.
We had the Pasta della norma, risotto fruta della mer and other delights.
If we had longer in Siracusa we would have gone back

Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“overall good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

When we got to the restaurant there were only 2 other people there. The time was two early for dinner, but we decided to eat anyway. Tony told us about his specials of the day any we made our choices. Fore main courses we ordered two special fresh pastas of the day, one pasta carbonara and one seafood soup. Before ordering soup I asked what is it and was told that is a big dish with mussels. What a surprise it was when they served me the same special pasta of the day instead of soup. I am very picky with my food and do not make choices easily. I was very upset when I was served totally not what I ordered. What added to my disappointment is that there were only two other people in the restaurant, how could he mix up such a simple order. Tony realized that he make a mistake (it can happen with everybody), he was very very apologetic. I can't even tell you how many times he apologized. At the end I felt bad that I even made scene. My order was on my table 5 minutes later and it was absolutely delicious. Specials of the day pastas were great too. We also had house wine. bruggetta, salad. Everything was very tasty and place is not expensive at all. This place definitely deserves visit. At the end we were very happy that we found this place on little quite street. Highly recomended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Good Food at Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was situated quite close to our B&B and we decided to try it because the Menu offered real meat dishes rather than just pasta and fish.

We decided to try the first and second courses for a change rather than our usual one course and possible dessert afterwards. Being in unfamiliar territory we asked if the portions were small or large and were told 'not large, just normal'. So I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara and Grilled Meat ( a dish of 4 different meats I was told). A large portion of Spaghetti appeared with a wonderful sauce containing chunks of ham. Delicious though it was I had to leave some as I had another Course to eat. The 4 meats was actually a large plate of Chicken, veal, beef, sausage and belly pork (yes, 5 meats) and a few cherry tomatoes. It was cooked 'well done' as I ordered and try as I might I could not finish this dish - if this is normal size I shudder to think what the large size might be like.

An excellent meal with good service costing €51 euros for the 2 of us including drinks.

Definitely a restaurant to visit again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A back-street pizzeria that was a pleasure to eat in.

We didn't want much ... but got loads!

Chips (as a starter - apparently "the Sicilian Way") followed by 2 pizzas that may only have been small ones! Half a Carafe of wine and a large beer ... for just under 30 Euros!

The pizzas were delicious!

Prague, Czech Republic
“Friendly service and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We visited Il Tempo on a Sunday evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The maitre d' was most hospitable and his English was far superior to our Italian, and he was able to help us select the house specialities as well as match the courses with the appropriate wines.
The food was excellent and the attention from the staff was adequate but not overpowering. Everyone else around us seemed to be enjoying themselves too, which was an indication of the standard of hospitality. Great value for money too. Well worth a visit in a small town full of restaurants and cafes.