“A must in Siracusa” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Chowder, Mediterranean, Pasta
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Home Made fresh Pasta, Sea Food, Sicilian Food.Need a reservation Closed on MondayOpen for lunch at 12:30 and we close the kitchen at 14:30 for dinner at 19:39 and we close the kitchen at 22:30Multilanguage menù We speak english and french Enjoy your Sicilian experience with us.
Barcelona, Spain
“A must in Siracusa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

One excellent small family run neighborhood’s restaurant in the middle of the incredible Medieval city on the Island. After the lunch we enjoyed wondering throughout the old streets going back to 1400 and the superb view over the golf.
Full of Italians which is always a good sign. We started with Sopa de Cozze (which is not a soup but mussels with tomato sauces). Excellent. While waiting, following the advice of a Gentleman near us we participated to a “contest” among the Olive oils from Siracusa area and the one from Taormina. The oil being eaten as in Spain. I think the Taormina one was superior.
There is a large offer of fresh home made pasta and everything we ordered was extremely good. I’ll suggest tagliatelle alla Palormitana/Siciliana, involving almonds, basilicum and salted sardines.
A good wine (according to my wife, I couldn’t drink since I was the driver) from the region

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Classic Sicilian Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I applaud the committment of the young owners of this delightful restaurant to honoring the recipes of this area. They are also committed to the enjoyable experience of their guests. We had a delightful Saturday lunch on a beautiful Ortigian day, me ordering a seasonal dish of linguini with pumpkin and shrimp, the sweetness of both complimenting each other. My partner succumbedto the spaghetti with fresh anchovies, tomatoes, pine nuts and raisins. I highly recommend a meal here and also making a reservation.yu

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Best pasta I have ever tasted!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I ate here twice. We had to reserve the day before but that is simply because the food is good and it is popular restaurant. The service was great and the small location was full of character and cosy. For starters we had the boiled octopus with parsley and lemon oil and Mr P had the steamed mussels with chilli and lemon....lovely! For mains we had fettuccine with shrimps, olive oil, tomatoes, parsley and mint....quite simply the best pasta I have ever tasted, fresh and delicious. My husband also had fettuccine but with clams, langoustines. mussels and squid. He agreed that we had never tasted pasta like it. The desserts were also delicious: cannolo and the pistachio mousse/cream with a biscotti base. We thoroughly enjoyed this meal and as a result we booked well in advance for our last evening. The price was very reasonable for the quality of food and the service was friendly....however the main debate of the holiday was which restaurant was the best....for us this came a close second....please see reviews for O'Scina which in our opinion was our best eating experience in Ortigia.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bergen, Norway
“Eat in a hurry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Based on the tripadvisor reviews, I had high expectations to this restaurant, but unfortunately I was disappointed. The food was tasteful, but the plates were small; I had a tuna tartar for starter and spaghetti with orchids for main course. For dessert I had a much dissappointing Tiramisu. To much cream and hardly any taste at all. The service was polite, but everything happened in a hurry. I like to enjoy a meal, but here I had to rush a meal. Great for those who find eating to be
a necessary evil - bad for me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Did we get them on a bad night?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Well this place is well reviewed and recommended so we came to book at 6,30 and were told a rather surly 9.30 and were made to feel we were lucky. Yes they had one big (english) party in, and it is quite a small place but all the staff were not very happy. Asking for butter to go with the bread( yes I know not in southern europe) we got "no". Food quite ok but really the attitude spoilt it all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere