It was our 1st stop on our 9 night tour of Sicily and after a painful hire car collection at Catania, we had just over an hours journey to Ortigia. The hotel (With Satnav and hotel emailed directions) were relatively easy to find and the hotel had parking directly outside.
Check in process was pain free and the stand out service from Laura the receptionist made for a very warm welcome. Maps were provided and suggested things to see.
We went for a deluxe sea view room and although the room was compact, it was large enough and had everything you would expect. TV, Sky, table and chair, mini which was free for our entire stay (soft drinks only before you get too excited), wifi, safe in wardrobe and king size bed.
The bathroom was well equipped and had plenty of towels, gorgeous Bvgali products and a large shower.
Breakfast the next day was the best of our entire holiday. Plenty of choice for fresh fruit, cereals, cakes, pastries and breads. Selection of cheese and meats. Choice of juices, water and hot drinks. Best of all was there was the option of eggs cooked to your preference including omelettes.
Service was of a high professional standard and I could not find fault.
The location is a good location for exploring (Ortigia is quite small). Theres a great market every day and a good selection of restaurants. All in all a very pleasant stay and would have liked to stay longer. Would definitely return and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere, EasyToBook, T4B and Tingo so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy