We stayed when the hotel was full, and did not have the option of booking a fabulous-looking rooftop suite. Our room was small, but pricey for its size, especially compared to other hotels in Sicily. Overall, the hotel is beautiful and well-located on Ortigia. We easily found free parking close to the hotel and did not have to navigate the very narrow streets in our rental car. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful, but made several gaffes (misdirecting us to a restaurant they had recommended, mistaking us for other guests, slow breakfast service both mornings we were there). It seems to be 3 star quality for 4 star prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, T4B and Tingo so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy