We stayed two days at this charming hotel. The staff went above and beyond from our arrival (helping us park the car and bringing in our luggage) to our departure. They were happy to answer any of our questions and provide us with information about Ortigia and Sicily in general. The hotel is in a beautifully remodeled historic building. We had two rooms and each room appears to be unique. We appreciated all the details such as plate with fresh fruit put in our room while we were gone, turn-down service while we were at dinner with delicious cookie on each pillow, Bulgari toiletries, free minibar in the room with different non-alcoholic drinks, free snacks in the lobby during the day (pistachios, almonds, different types of juice). Breakfast is included in the price and truly sumptuous. There is a beautiful buffet (I can highly recommend the different jams: mandarin, lemon, orange, figs, etc), including all kinds of pastries and fresh fruit, cereal, different kinds of juice. But there is also an a la carte menu (included in the price) with different items such as omelettes, scrambled eggs, cheese, cold cuts, etc.
One night we had dinner at the hotel. The menu is rather small, but everything is absolutely delicious and the service is very attentive and friendly.
We had a wonderful time and would love to return! Thank you to everyone for making sure everything was to our liking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, T4B and Tingo so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy