We spent three weeks in Italy in December 2012, and this was the most wonderful hotel of the entire trip. Not only is it beautifully decorated, the breakfasts were delicious. The location is perfect, as well. But best of all, the man at the front desk (I wish I knew his name) made a suggestion that changed our trip. We had been taking buses throughout Sicily, and he suggested we use a taxi for our trip to Taormina. The cost was within our budget, so we did it! Rather than spend several hours on the bus -- including changing buses (harrowing for us because we never knew what we were doing and we always ended up scurrying) -- we were there in an hour. We did the same thing from Taormina to Messina. It's amazing how a gentle suggestion can make such a difference. This is, indeed, a wonderful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, T4B and Tingo so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy