The Algila Ortiegia Charme was one of the most convenient and pleasant hotels we stayed at during our Italian holiday. We found it clean and professional and well located for all the attractions and restaurants of Ortiegia, and we were pleasantly surprised to find free overnight parking directly in front of the hotel door.
Breakfast was excellent, with a combination of a continental buffet and a cooked meal, served with reasonable coffee.
A couple of small negatives: our room was smaller than others we'd stayed in, with limited space to store clothes or travel bags; and although the service was impeccably professional, it was a bit impersonal compared to our experiences at other hotels in this beautiful country.
Overall, we were pleased with our stay. Will we return? Absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, T4B, Venere and Otel so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy