We really liked this hotel, it ticked all the boxes. The staff were charming, the room was lovely if a bit dark (it is an old building, after all), the breakfast was the best of our trip, and the dinner we ate there was also good. Great coffee! And you could just step out into the centre of Ortigia. (The parking is a bit quirky. The hotel's spaces are expensive, but if you do a big loop to the left after passing the hotel you can get back to a carpark opposite, for the price of a tip to the freelance "guard". There is quite a lot of parking a bit further on, too.) Overall, thoroughly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, T4B and Tingo so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy