I spent one night here and paid 50 EUR for a double room. There are some good things and some bad things about this place- it is up to you to decide whether it suits your needs.
- one of the cheapest places in Palermo for a double room (I could not find anything for the same price)
- located centrally, walking distance to most sights.
- friendly owner, homely atmosphere, like staying with friends
- quite cute- nice art on the wall, nice rooftop terrace
- access to a kitchen
- it is like staying with friends- no privacy. Our only window had access to a shared balcony so we had to close the curtain and sit in the dark for privacy. The roof top terrace is cute as a button but is very small so if somebody else is there talking you can't read quietly.
- noisy. we couldn't take a nap because new guests arrived and the friendly host delighted in entertaining them for an hour in the shared living room- the walls are paper thin.
- 1 shared bathroom for 5 people- which means waiting in the morning to take your turn
Overall this is great if you like a personable, cheap place to stay in downtown Palermo. It is less great if you also appreciate some privacy, quiet time and like not having to wait before you use the bathroom.
Some other remarks- the apartment is on the 5th floor and this being an old building there is no lift of course. No problem for me but might be an issue for some.
you can help yourself to breakfast- make your own coffee (nescafe) and a croissant from a pacakge. but to be honest why would you when for less than 2 EUR you can have real coffee with a fresh croissant in any Italian bar? much better and more fun.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Budget Places so you can book your ArtePalermo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ArtePalermo Palermo, Sicily