“What a disgusting hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sicilia

Hotel Sicilia
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palermo
Hotel Sicilia
You added Hotel Sicilia to your Saves list
Via Divisi 99, 90133 Palermo, Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #83 of 99 Hotels in Palermo
Rome, Italy
“What a disgusting hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Disgusting hotel: old building, old rooms, old furniture, old thin mattress (on the day after, we had pain to our back), noise during the night because a group arrived...
There was smell of sewer from the bathroom, really disgusting.
From the ceiling, there were stains of humidity and mould!
The only one positive thing is the location, which is central and you can easily reach the different parts of Palermo.
Don't go there, this is our suggestion.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Torun, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We have stayed in this hotel for two nights only, but suffered terribly for another a few days. In our room there were hordes of bedbugs. They were hidden in wall cracks. Despite of a good location and acceptable breakfast this hotel is not a wise choice. Wi-fi is available in reception area only.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Well, where to start? My friends and I (5 in total) had to stay one night only in Palermo and decided to book a cheap hotel..I really regret this now, as we found quite a bad surprise..
We arrived there quite late, around midnight, and the man at the reception was not friendly at all..worse than that, there was another quite a strange man sitting on the couch next to the reception, half-way between an alchoolic and a homeless person..not really a good start!
Both the two rooms were quite dirty, mine had black footsteps on the floor (they clearly didn't clean it before we went there, or maybe didn't do it for ages), and the bathroom smelled really bad..
My friend found a 'strange" insect on the pillow, and my bf and I found a similar one on the wall..it was a bit late to leave the hotel, and we were not sure what type of insects were those, so in the end we decided to stay..
It was not really a good idea apparently, as the day after my bf had his body covered with bumps, and two of my other friends the same...they are still hitching after one week! We made a research on the internet and those were clearly bedbugs!! We spent days washing all clothes and I am still scared that I might have brought some of those horrible beasts at home!!!
The breakfats was also terrible, and the parking place does not exist: we had to park the car in a nearby square that didn't look safe at all..
Stay away from this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

When I left the hotel, I actually was quite pleased. Well, the room and bathroom were old, we did run out of hot water after only 5 minutes showering and the beds were a bit lumpy, but overall I found it good quality for the price we paid. The hotel was very characteristic and the personnel friendly, although they really do not speak any english.

But when I came home I discovered that the three mosquitobites I had, big lumps that were always red, didn't seem so much like mosquitobites after all. After reading a few reviews and searching some information about bedbugs, I'm quite sure there were some of them in the bed I slept in as well, although I didn't see them crawling over the bed like some other people did. I really wished I had bothered to read this reviews earlier. I'm mad because it seems the hotel hasn't done anything about the bedbugs, although they have been knowing that there are bugs in the rooms and that they spread easily for a long time . The fact they didn't say anything, leaves me worried and uncomfortable about having brought the bugs back home unknowingly.

Although I had quite a nice time in Hotel Sicilia, I REALLY DO NOT recommend it to anyone else. I think the personnel being aware of the presence of bedbugs, and still doing nothing about it, even blaming the tourists complaining about the bugs, is unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel was alright. Nothing flashy, but with an extremely great location in the middle of Palermo.
Staff was great, except for the manager/owner who was quite arrogant.

No mini fridge in our room, which we missed + my girlfriend claims she found a few bed bugs!

Oh, and the breakfast was ridiculous..

An hour away is a gorgeous beach.

A tip: Go to Sicily in june - fewer tourists, excellent weather.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Unfortunately I didn't read the previous review of JCAZ before arriving in this hotel. It does look OK during the day, comfortable rooms, good location, but at night....bed bugs all over the bed and the wall near our bed, the creepiest thing you can ever imagine. It is also remarkable that when we complained the next day the guy at the desk asked us if the bugs came from OUTSIDE! Obviously that wasn't the first time he tried to blame his guests for having the windows open...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Yes the place look very basic and as you'd expect an old 3* to look it's a bit tired, dated even but overall it appears clean.......Until it is that you get to the night....you could mistake the odd bite for mosquito’s, however when you find them crawling on your bed sheets you know you have a problem a major one.

This is what happened to us and we have only just returned, never ever have I experienced this and nothing can prepare you for the ordeal it puts you through.

What’s more you could even transport these horrid things home with you!!!!! So unless you are into donating blood to an unworthy cause or you just fancy a whole new wardrobe then and only then should you stay there......and the reviewer who went with their kid OMG I am so pleased my little one's were not with me!!!! It would have been living hell.

The thing is that the guy on reception has obviously had to deal with this loads of times because he was immune to the complaints and blamed it on the tourists!!!!!! Erm how about sorting out the problem before allowing others to suffer!!!! Another reviewer said that they "saw bugs but weren’t sure if they come from outside" I think his review was ages ago so still nothing done!!

So please do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW the BedBugs were at various stages in their life cycle this was seen as there were ones that were 1/4" long and ones barely visible to the naked eye. Yuck...I'm still itching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sicilia? Share your experiences!